1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox2 Recording?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by PapaLazru, Mar 10, 2007.

1. PapaLazru

PapaLazru Guest

Hi, just bought a Dbox2 and was wondering whats the best thing to buy so that I can record programs off it, is there anythin, and is it pricey?

any help would be greatly appreciated,

thanks.

2. dc69

dc69 Regular member

you can buy an ide interface to connect a hard drive(search ebay) bout 40 euro or you can set up a network connection with your pc and use wingrab

3. PapaLazru

PapaLazru Guest

The IDE Interface sounds good, does that mean I`ll be able to record shows and watch them later, just like Sky+?

4. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

You can set it up so that it records off your pc's hardrive. Which is also just as good. And FREE lol What sorta HDD You got?

5. PapaLazru

PapaLazru Guest

I havent got anything yet other than my nokia dbox2, I`m just wanting to be able to record and playback whatever i want off the dbox, not really wanting to hook it to my pc, is this possible or does it have to go onto the PC?

Cheers

EDIT:Found the answer in another thread, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2007
  6. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

If you aint already got one, you could buy upto a 50m x over cable from ebay depending how far your pc is away from your box. Its always best to go for the hdd , but if you would rather save the pennies then connecting to pc is always better