1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DCR-IP1E and firewire/i.link

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by bskidmark, Apr 24, 2004.

1. bskidmark

bskidmark Member

Ok, go easy on me as I'm new to this camcorder malarkey! I've just been given the Sony DCR-IP1E and am actually chuffed. The problem is I can't seem to get the computer to recognize the camera through the firewire. It works ok through MovieShaker, but that is a piece of sh*te, and anyway I have got Ulead DVD Movie Factory 3 which I want to use. However, when I try and capture video with Ulead, the message comes up:

No Capture Driver Is Available In The System [13011:2:1]

My PC is new and from Advent - I only got it at Christmas, and it is Intel 4 3.2, 512MB Ram. etc. I've had a look at the device manager, and it says: IEEE 1394 Bus Host Controllers - NEC OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller; and also: Newtwork Adaptors - 1394 Net Adaptor #5.

I have no idea what any of this means, but if anyone can help me connect my DCR-IP1E to my PC I'd be extremely grateful. Thanks...

2. agoldfish

agoldfish Member

Same problem here.
    I can't find any luck with the ipe1 drivers with anything other than the supplied sony c**p software.

I'm trying to get this cam hooked up with premiere, if anyone has any suggestions for firewire or usb please give us some hints :)

Cheers

3. whassup

whassup Regular member

I just answered another post on this. The Ulead software (VideoStudio/MedioStudioPro) will capture MV.

You can go to the Ulead site for the free trial download.