1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DDE -- Still after 6 tries

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by e121b, Sep 7, 2007.

1. e121b

e121b Member

I am trying to burn my backup of Halo 2 to a DVD-R, and it's not working. I deleted the Live .xbe files that tutorials said were okay, and in order to let Qwix make an iso i replaced some maps with 1 Mb dummy files. Burning at 2.4x in DVD Decrypter, but have tried Alcohol 120%. I've used DVD-R and +R as well as Craxtion 4 instead of Qwix. What is wrong? Do I need to flash? And if so, could someone point me in the direction of a tutorial telling me how? Thanks so much. I'm running UnleashX, don't know if that matters.

2. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Halo 2 fit perfectly in a DVD5. You just need to delete these files:
    dashupdate.xbe
    downloader.xbe
    update.xbe
    and the MEDIA folder.

You replaced maps? You shouldn't of done that. You only need to delete the mentioned files above.

3. e121b

e121b Member

yeah the problem was I ran into the "OS doesn't support single files > 4gb." error. I changed the file system to NTFS, put all the maps back and the bink folder and everything 'cept for the dashupdate, downloader, and update.xbe. I still got the DDE after it went through a thing that said "Loading xx%". Any ideas? I've only tried the new .iso on imation DVD+R if that makes a difference.

EDIT: my 05_deltatowers.map is 258 Mb. That is larger than normal and upon examining my original Halo 2 disc there is a circular scratch in the middle of the disk. I'm gonna get another copy from my friend and see if it works.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  4. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Files grow if the metalic layer where the data is recorded on happens to unstick from the recording surface of the disc, on the backside where the picture is printed. My Dragon Ball Z Sagas i thought I've lost it, it took me forever to recover the data. I left it in the car and the sun damaged it as if air bubbles where inside it.