1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ddigital DUO+ receiver

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by keverman1, Sep 4, 2010.

1. totes32

totes32 Member

yes eamo thats what i'm looking mate as i never recieved the replacement from the sellers,i believe these on amazon dont work with the duo box,is that the case?

many thanks

2. EAMO_TOO

EAMO_TOO Regular member

Can't see why they wouldn't work. If you google USB-LAN adaptor there are many diff suppliers

3. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

a normal adaptor dont work on these, you need the proper one from the box as the firmware on the box is made for the dongle, same as SV7 dongle, if that were the case, they could use a standard dongle on all of these boxs, the firmware on each box is made to do this, by this reckoning, the non lan combo could use the SV7 dongle or any dongle, it wont as the firmware is not there for it, ya dont wanna listen, dont, waste yer money on a dongle,

you will need to contact a DDIGITAL DUO supplier to see if they can sell the dongle on it to you.

4. EAMO_TOO

EAMO_TOO Regular member

You could be right Mickah. I still think if you have correct firmware & mac address of box it
    should connect to server thru dongle.Likewise if SV issued f/ware for non-LAN Combo it should
    connect to server using dongle.Am always suspicious when member looks for accessory for box
    which should be available from supplier if he produces "damaged" one. Usually dongle is req
    for purpose other than one specified

5. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

just on the non lan box, the actual board wont allow it to work with a adapter, hasnt got the capability, thats why SV never brought out a firmware change, cause the box isnt capable of doing it, asked a few folk and its from the horses mouth, so to speak,

The dongle on the duo and SV7, work as part of the firmware for them, cause the firmware is closed, a normal adapter wont work, as the box wont recognize it and you cant flash the dongle firmware to the box, it will either brick it or wont take it and as you correctly state above, why try this route at all, if you bought the box, you should be able to get a replacement dongle from a genuine seller

6. EAMO_TOO

EAMO_TOO Regular member

Point taken Mickah, I bow to your expertize

7. apd06

apd06 Regular member

Seems as though the Starview has risen from the ashes will the duo get a new firmware update in due course as well I wonder?

8. mixfm

mixfm Guest

will post when i know more on that box & firmware. keep an eye on this forum;

9. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

wonder how long it will last this time......... wonder how many boxs they have manufactured that they didnt sell, on the SV range including the duo....... me thinks this is a ploy to flog em and get rid and thats it, umbilical chord cut, just my opinion, not fact, if ya have one, use em, if ya dont, i wouldn't buy one thats for sure,

10. fk2010

fk2010 Member

Hi

Is there any news on D Duo firmware?

11. totes32

totes32 Member

i take it this box is not nearly dead.....but really.really,really dead.....whers's the yellow brick road?

12. EAMO_TOO

EAMO_TOO Regular member

Looks bad for D-Digital Duo box. The numbers are against it. Costs money to set up server.
    On 1 forum 2347 members downloaded latest STVU/7 fix, 245 downloaded DUO fix. Those figures show it would not be viable to set up server for DUO box. Hope I'm wrong

13. londonjon

londonjon Member

As above, there were only small amounts of DUO sold. It's very unlikely a fix will appear for them.

14. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

or the firmwares available as it runs on the same SRV as the SV boxs did

15. keverman1

keverman1 Regular member

How time flies,Mickah. It only seems like yesterday I was asking if you had heard anything about these boxes. At least I got my money's worth out of it which is better than a lot of folk did.Doubt I'll get any more use from it now though. but that's what I get for not researching it properly cos if I'd known who was making them I'd have kept well away. The moral of the story being, always make sure you have all the information at hand before parting with your hard earned moolah.

16. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Aye, once its linked to SV, you can bet it will go awry, at this stage of things its either a Kryptview or Sat of your choice, I have said it previously, if you have a SV and its gone, cut your loss, dont pay good money over bad as your going to be here again with the same issues, get a Krypt, no subs etc

17. keverman1

keverman1 Regular member

Yea,I'm a bit older and wiser now.

18. keverman1

keverman1 Regular member

Kiddy on other sites saying new firmware for this box due out in next 48 hours. I won't pay any subs for it tho.

19. mark0288

mark0288 Regular member

hi been a way for a while im in dublin last box i had was starview 5 any news on boxes working in dublin area

20. keverman1

keverman1 Regular member

Just satellite boxes i believe, sorry