1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dead eurovox max

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by pinpunch, Jul 27, 2007.

1. pinpunch

pinpunch Member

hi i have a eurovox max that has worked fine for exactly 1yr but has now gone off(just a coincidence?)when it worked o/k i would switch on and get a swirl of green lights as it loaded up but now when i turn on i get power light and a short swirl of green lights but nothing happens no channel numbers and just a black screen.could it be software or is it ready for the bin,any help would be appreciated

2. suse103

suse103 Regular member

could be a number of things from a faulty component to the software , you could re flash it with the same image that was on it as a start .

3. pinpunch

pinpunch Member

thanks suse not very tecnically minded so dont know how to flash it.also cant get it to come on so dont which image it was flashed with before.i have a disc i got with it but not sure how to use it

4. suse103

suse103 Regular member

Flashing is easy , you need to get a rs232 lead from any good electronics shop , an old pc with a rs232 port any the correct files...you'll need a downlaoder file and the image file , what colour was the box a blue 2006 box or a red 2007 box..when you let me know i'll point you in the direction to get the files....

5. pinpunch

pinpunch Member

hi its a red 2007,i have a rs232 lead it came with the box and a disc with dnupman on it and some very basic info.if you could point me in the right direction for files ect i'll give it a go, got nothining to lose
    thanks john

6. pinpunch

pinpunch Member

forget my last thread suse i've just had a go at flashing and its back on,i'am over the moon coz i really thought it was bust and nearly bought a new one.time will tell if it stay's on coz i still dont know why it went off,thanks for the help any way
    john

7. des61

des61 Member

hi suse103
    i have a 06 blue box working grand 140 odd channels
    but i also have 07 red,can only get61 channels on that ,does it need an update. any ideas?

8. suse103

suse103 Regular member

Hi,

From the box that has all the 150 channels , go to menu then choose installation , you will see all the freq , ie 311, 370 , 411 etc , just note these down .On the box that hasnt got all the channels go to menu ,then channels , then choose edit and delete all , exit and go to installation choose edit , then add channel , the manually input your noted freq to replicate the first box remembering to also input the correct symbol rate , when all are entered , exit and press the red button to autoscan and you should have the exact number of channels on both boxes ....