1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dead l7vmm2 emachines motherboard

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by wwwyzzerd, May 18, 2007.

1. wwwyzzerd

wwwyzzerd Member

anybody know where i can get a cheap substitute for this motherboard?
    [​IMG]

the specs:

Form Factor Micro ATX
    Chipset VIA KM266 Pro
    Processor AMD Athlon XP

Integrated Input/Output Ports USB 2.0 x 2 - Serial Port x 1 - RJ45 Lan Port x 1 - PS/2 Mouse x 1 - PS/2 Keyboard x 1 - Parallel Port (ECP/EPP/SPP) x 1 - Floppy Port x 1

Expansion Slots PCI x 3 - CNR x 1
    Storage Controller Type DMA/ATA-133 (Ultra) x 2
    South Bridge Chip VIA VT8233
    Processor Socket Type Socket A
    Memory Type DDR SDRAM
    Number of Memory Slots 2 x 184 Pin DIMMs
    Supported RAM speeds 266 MHz - 200 MHz
    Max Supported RAM 2 GB
    Audio Output Line Out
    Audio Input Microphone Jack - 1 x Line In
    Video Out Ports 15 Pin D-Sub VGA port x 1
    Bios Type 2 Mbit Flash EEPROM with Award BIOS
    MPN L7VMM2

thanks

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i see what is causing the problem right now as you have 4 domed capacitors. 3 by the audio jacks & 1 by the cpu. should be able to use any socket "a" uatx board. check your local computer store.

3. wwwyzzerd

wwwyzzerd Member

alright cool, i didnt even noticed those domed caps, but theres also a charred transistor in there too, right next too the bottom pci slot, so any socket A board should work, alright ill start looking, thanks

4. sandisk

sandisk Regular member

I'm not hijacking a thread here, but just curious incase it happens to me in the future......

If you see domed capacitors on the motherboard, does this mean the motherboard is on the way out and be prepared?

My cousin brought his pc to pc world nearly a year back just to have windows re-installed and after waiting two weeks to get his pc back, the guy told him that capacitors were leaking on the motherboard and expect his pc to pack up within 6 months. Nearly a year on and it's still running fine. Saying that, he did take the guy's advice and bought a new pc within a couple of months and who did he buy it from....pc world lol.

Sorry for butting in here

Sandisk

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

it depends on what each domed capacitor does on the motherboard & psu. i've seen domed caps on both motherboards & psu's & they still worked whereas i've seen them when they didn't work at all. they can keep running forever & still not fail even when domed. i've seen a psu with domed caps & a dead psu fan still run the computer til it was turned off & would not start up again. psu was replaced & computer ran again.