1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dead or alive extreme beach volleyball nude patch questions

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Soundfx4, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Soundfx4

Soundfx4 Member

If you don't mind I actually have another question. I have both the nude, and original version of DOAXBV on my Xbox so I can choose which one I want to play, and after examining the file size difference out of curiousity, I found that the file sizes for the pathed and original files are the exact same. So needless to say I'm confused now. The default.xbe and datadvd.asf files are the exact same size down to the byte. I don't know if they are the same down to the bit level, but they are both the same file size in bytes. Do you know why this is? Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2005
  2. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Sorry man but I'm no expert on this subject.

3. Soundfx4

Soundfx4 Member

Np, I do have something that I thougth I might share with you though. Just a few things I've discovered.

There are at least three different nude patches for this game that I have found. I don't know who made them, or what they are called, if they even have a specific name, but I can describe the differences between them.

1) The first one I downloaded was VIA bittorrent and was the default.xbe and datadvd.afs files pre-patched. This version works great, and has nice detail. Differeneces with this one; does not have the money hack, or screenshot hack, or any other cheats for that matter, that are included with the other two, and models have large A-holes.

2) This was a patch I had to apply. Differences with this one; models do not have A-holes, and most models had tanlines. It also included a money hack that gave you 99,999,999 Zach dollars, and a screen shot hack that saved bitmap images to the game directory when the L-Trigger is pulled.

3) This was also a patch that I had to apply. Differences with this one; models have small A-holes and what I'm pretty sure is a f**k hole right below the a-hole. Although it isn't inside the slit soooo I really dunno. This patch also included the same money hack, and screen shot hack mentioned above.

I'm pretty sure all the tits were the same, and they all had slits, although p-hair color may have varied slightly between the different patches with certain characters. Other then that they are pretty different.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2005
  4. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

Personaly all those 'Hacks' bite! >=)

If you looking to do some 'Hardcore' DOAX Hacking you need to Hex edit your Default.xbe to allow 3'ed Party Textures (i.e. Nude Texters W or W/o Hair, Tan or A-Holes. As far as Money, Screen Shots (NTSC ONLY??) at-al you could activate these at will. As far as the 'Strings' go you have two options. 1) Use Swimsuits that DO NOT HAVE STRINGS or copy athe mdAy00ay.cat File 1,672 times then use "Oscar's Renamer" to rename each one of those 1,671 Files back into there proper names. No more Stings....

Wow Nudes! Cool.... For about the first Week or so. Now I kinda miss not beeing able to use the Swimsuits. Surly we could have this Cake and eat it to cant we?

Well yes you can and if you could manage the Above this is only just slightly more advanced. But very, very much worth the effort.

Ok you're going to need a few things (if you did the above 'Hack' then you should already have most of it already. These Programs include "AFSExplorer 3.4", "Photoshop CS2 30 Day Trial" (or as I understand it Paint Shop Pro should work too),. The "nVida .dds Photoshop Plug-in", "BossAFS", "MiteeXPRv3" and the "xvi32" Hex Editor.

You can goolge any of the above " " to find links to the Downloads.

Ok so you just finnished getting all this stuff. WTF do you do with it? I'll tell you!

As needles as it is to say this, I'll go ahead anyway you will need a 'Chipped XBOX' with a decent size HDD in the Box yes you could get away with a stock one. But you wouldn't have much room left for your Game Saves! A few other tools like "DVD2XBOX" or "Quix101" are also must haves if your looking to 'Rip' your privately aquirerd DVD, or to Burn one.

Ok again you need to start off by editing your 'Default.xbe' You can activate anything you might like Money, One Dollar Hack, Screen Shoots (NTSC ONLY??) The main one to turn on is the Texture Hack. YOU DO NOT WANT TO USE THE SWIMSUIT HACK. Kinda defeats the purpose!

Ok assuming you managed to rip your Copy of DOAX to the HDD FTP copy over the 'Datahdd.afs' File this is where all you Swimsuits are. once you have it on the PC open up AFSExplorer 3.4. And then open your 'Datahdd.afs' File. Now if you look on the 'Toolbar' you should see a pair of Binoculars (i.e. Search) there are 8 Characters. There are 16 File we need to extract. One for the Shops. The other being on the Character Herself. The Files are:

mdAy00ay.xpr : Nymph
    mdAy00ay.xpr : Nymph
    mdCr00Cr.xpr : Lapis Lazuli
    mdCr00Cr.xpr : Lapis Lazuli
    mdHe00ls.xpr : Panache
    mdHe00ls.xpr : Panache
    mdHt00ht.xpr : Aries
    mdHt00ht.xpr : Aries
    mdKs00ay.xpr : Tulip
    mdKs00ay.xpr : Tulip
    mdLe00ht.xpr : Robin
    mdLe00ht.xpr : Robin
    mdLs00ls.xpr : Brigit
    mdLs00ls.xpr : Brigit
    mdTn00tn.xpr : Sirius
    mdTn00tn.xpr : Sirius

Now that you have the File(s) Extracted there are in fact 2 Files for each Girl (As above!), But you really only need edit just one of 'em just take note that when you go later on to enject these 'Textures' back in to the 'Datahdd.afs' that you have to do so twice!

Ok so lets open mdAy00ay.xpr with the "MiteeXPRv3" Tool in the first line choose the mdAy00ay.xpr File. The second Line is the location where the .dds Files will unpack to.

Ok I can't speak for the World but I love Photoshop CS2! Allthough I assume that you could do the same in Paint Shop Pro. I have no inkling about it! Allthough ma gut feeling tells me that the same ideas should hold up there too!

So I'm going to assume you all will want to fallow along on Photoshop CS2 (30 Day Trial). Which you should have installed by now. On now would be a good time to get the nVidia .dds (directX plug-in) and install it. After which simply clicking on a .dds File should open (or force open Photoshop CS2)

Ok here's were the fun begings

If you unpacked the mdAy00ay.xpr File (with miteeXPRv3), you should have 7 Files:

mdAy00ay.xpr-1.dds 32.1k
    mdAy00ay.xpr-2.dds 64.1k
    mdAy00ay.xpr-3.dds 8.12k
    mdAy00ay.xpr-4.dds 64.1k
    mdAy00ay.xpr-5.dds 8.12k
    mdAy00ay.xpr-6.dds 16.1k
    mdAy00ay.xpr-Report.txt

Ok what we want to do is to take Texture mdAy00ay*.* and add an Alpha Channel to it. So if you look in your Photoshop Window at the bottom right you should see a Toolbox with 'Layers / Channels / Paths'. Choose Channels and then the icon just to the left of the 'Trashcan' to add a new Channel. This Channel should be called 'Alpha 1' and be a Black Box by deafult. See the 'Eyeball' next to 'Alpha 1!? Click on the RGB Channel to display ALL CHANNELS. Now your texture should be a Red-ish color.

After adding the Alpha Channel and reduceing the Immage size (be sure to turn off 'Constrain Proportions' WE only need to reduce the 'Widith' (in this case from 512 to 256) and then save.

You might get an Error message "Alpha is all Zero, Formats with Alpha will appear black in preview." IGNORE IT!!!

Now you should have the nVidia dds format (v6.74) loaded. Choose the save format DXT5 ARGB (Interpolated Alpha), '2D Texture' set MIP Map Generation to 'No MIP maps' then SAVE!

Do the same thing with mdAy00ay.xpr-2 though 6 then enject all those .dds Files back into the mdAy00ay.xpr File!

Now just for Sh*ts and giggles open mdAy00ay.xpr with "BossASF" and see how messedup those Textures are? we need to fix that!

It's time to Fire up "xiv32" or WinHex or what ever you like! Search for the Hex String '2A 0C' The 0C is the DXT1 Flag in order for this to work we need to change the Flag to '0F' (or DXT4) ok the very next byte should be '91' Let me make this simple. At least more simple the the fragments I found from the scraps of NinjaHacker still floating around on Google Chache.

91 = 512
    81 = 256
    71 = 128
    61 = 64
    51 = 32

So if we made mdAy00ay.xpr-1.dds smaller (orig 512x128 to 256x128) we'd want to edit '91' out to read '81'. Continue this for each Texture then save!

Now you can recognize your Textures again! in "BossAFS"! And you almost finnished too! =)

All you need to do now is to Activate your 'Alpha Channels' to make the Suits disapear. Open "BossAFS" then open your File (ex: mdAy00ay.xpr). Right-Click in the Field, then choose 'Textures and Transparencies (XPRTune)'. Click the Number '0~5' (which all should read DXT4!!) and then check the two boxes 'Allow Transparency' and 'Allow 256 Transparency'

That's it! All you have to do now is to fireup AFSExplorer find the two instances of 'mdAy00ay.xpr' and replace it with the one you just created and then FTP your 'Datahdd.afs' File back to your XBOX. Let the Warrning go by choose Ayane and at the first chance run to the Pool side to humm view Ayane....

If you get tierd of this just paly a few Games of Vollyball to earn some Cash (or play the 'Hopping Game' to raise Cash), and get a new Swimsuit. :)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2005
  5. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

Just another note this trick works wonders on the Leifangs' EMU. Note you do need to make the Alpha more of a Greay-ish color then outright Black and might need a some what more artistic hand to achive the desirerd effect but it can be done!

6. Soundfx4

Soundfx4 Member

Umm...so what's the point of doing all that? Sorry, I just don't quite understand what doing all that is going achieve. Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2005
  7. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

I really don't know, but my version is pretty good. I can see the a-holes and matching pubes with their hair colors.. lol. Except for Tina.

8. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

I Probably need to do a rewrite again. But, what's the 'Whole point' in doing it the way I discribed?

Well for one you will have a Game in which you or either lock out of having Nudes (i.e. the Original DVD Game),. Or beeing lock out of being able to use Swimsuits. Because you implimented the Swimsuit Hack, that will cause the Suimsuits not to render.

In short the 'point' is to make just One Swimsuite Transpairent for Time constrantes and simplicity I decided to use the Stock Suits that the Characters 'Walk-on' with. To be the ones that that were 'invisible' Granted this is a bit more work on your part. But, you end up with a Game that starts off like the Nude Hack and the progresses itself eventualy to everyone wearing the Venus. This is not simpy like DOAX or DOAX: Nude Hack. It's an improvement!

I'm now currently at the stage in my developments where I'm starting to replace all that Crapy POP / Reggae / Soul Music and replace it with nothing but 100% J-Pop. One of the first Songs I replaced was called Summer Days by Do As Infinity. And curse Tecmo for not originaly having it! That Song is the 'litteral' DOAX Theame Song. Granted I only discoverd it by chance. But, when I get this done I'll never use my Original DVD again!

9. Soundfx4

Soundfx4 Member

Ohhhhhh...I see, sweetness!! I'll have to try that sometime. Thanks!!

10. MK64N

MK64N Member

the nude hack is a simple trick, you don't need much anything, you can even use an evox trainer on your retail DVD, to achive nearly the same results without patching. As your only changing a few bytes of information. basically just turning thr transparancy flags from off, to on.

But why are the current trainers crap, no pal and Ntsc support?>
    easy people are just to lazy to do it. but if you know what the offsets are inside the ntsc default, i bet anyone thats good with a hexeditor can port any nstc patches to pal. example the screen shot hack.

also if all you want is a quick wow, get the DOAVB patch off xbins. It really doen't matter how many patches you come along, they all do the same thing. (tities!!) yah wow.. it does get rather boring

Thats why i'm more into DOAU Modding, its got more game play, minus camera mode, custom music and hot babe poses.

though hacking textures is easy and just the tip of the ice borg. one guy posted at xbox-save, a doax hack where he increased the size of tina's boobs.. which i don't really condone, but hey model editing is the next level! Being as DOAU and DOAX were made at the same time, there files are the same, so its possible to swap models between the 2. i've gotten lisa in DOAU
    [​IMG]
    its even possible to import other female characters from DOAX, like helena's mom, leons wife, or teen tina. hell i could put jannlee in DOAX if i wanted. LOL

11. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

@MK64N

I started a new thread here: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/220771

I don't recall if my last write-up attempt on X-S was any better or worse then that above. I tryed to make it as clear (or clearer then when I found it, as presented in Googles Cache of the NH Fourms), as possible. Allas it got deleated. =(

But, If you'd like to discuss this futher, in more detail. Then I propose to take it over there as, what you and I wish to discuss shouldn't weighed down under a dozzen or so postings.

But, to answer you main comment. Yes there are easier Hacks out there. If all you want to see is 'Titties' as you put it. I never said there wasn't. The point of the gude above (and it's somewhat better rewrite), in the link above. Was to 'see more Tittie' with the option of beeing able to wear any (well almost any), Swimsuit you wanted to
    barring in mind that the Gameplay elements were all left unchanged.

This is the first guide that I have ever seen (written up as a guide in the first palce!) that would allow you to do this. As unlike those simple hacks you could only have Swimware or Nude, NOT BOTH!!

Now you can...

12. sonofyork

sonofyork Member

HI, excuse my ingnorance and the fact that I am a newbie.....I am trying to patch the Nude Hack for DOAX Volleyball....but do not know where to begin!!!! how would I run it to my default .xbe file? do I FTP it to my Xbox from my PC....like a File replacement thing? or do I actually have to install it??? thanks, your help would be much appreciated....

13. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

I think I pretty much covered it here: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/220771

You'll need to have enough space on your XBOX to rip the Game to something like F:\Games or E:\Games if your still useing a Stock HDD.

You'll then need to copy the Deafult.xbe, Datadvd.afs & Datahdd.afs to your PC where you'd follow the instuctions above to get the Hack working.

After which I don't sopose there wouldn't be a reasion that you could use Quix! (or other program) to pack all that into a XISO File with which to burn onto a DVD±R\RW for more longterm storage...

14. sonofyork

sonofyork Member

thanks for your reply....Your guide helped me....but I'm trying to make a patch i already have (Devil's Advocate's) working....do I copy the xbe and data.ppf to my pc then copy over the 2 patches to the Xbox?

15. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

If you have the Devils Advicate pack from #xbins I would have thought the instructions were cleaer enough. You install the Nude Textures as was discribed there in.

To use the Devils Advicate Pack you'll want to download the 'PPF Toolkit', and use the 'PPF-O-Matic3.exe', to enject the Nude Textures.

[​IMG]

The First Line is where you would link to the Local PC Copy of 'Datahdd.afs' (e.g. C:\DOAX Hacking)

The Second Line is where you'd link to the Devils Advicate .ppf Patch.
    You then can hit the 'Apply Button' and your done. The 'default.ppf' File is for NTSC (USA\CAN\JAP) Regions only. Besides I recomend you edit this yourself with a Hex Editor. As I have never ran into crashing the Game this way. If the Game keeps crashing on you it's most likely the 'Default.xbe' that's to blame!

16. LunyBeat

LunyBeat Member

Ok, the easiest way is to use a copy of the game where the patch is already applied. I have a couple...Email me for more info. LunaticBeatnik@gmail.com

17. chrisJB

chrisJB Member

@ MK64N, since you said the files from doax,and doau are the same, would the devils advocate patch work for doau? If not what programs would I need to start modding the textures?

18. MK64N

MK64N Member

ok, patches are not interchangable man. but yes theres a nude patch for DOAU. but i don't like to get involved with it. its what got tecmo mad the first time and they tried to sue alot of people for it. so i don't condonne it at all, but that doesn't mean i won't tell you how and what you need to ;) edit the girls appearance in-game with DOAU.

>yo watch yor PM box

19. Soundfx4

Soundfx4 Member

SCREW Tecmo! They are just assholes, if people want to mod their games they should have every right to! As the family guy's peter griffin once said, "you people can kiss the fattest part of my ass!" (this going in the direction of tecmo)

yeah they make great games, but they are being assholes about this, and that just makes me not want to buy their games ever again...

20. MK64N

MK64N Member

hahaha.. i love that griffin quote you got. pricless. i should use that as my site modo, its just that funny.

but seriously i'm not crossed at Tecmo in anyway. they did what every other greedy bugger would have done. (hitting on the small guys) though it prolly cost tecmo more being as they lost their suit. but you should really be more mad at the formal doa hackers which are in the same thinking pattern as yourself. "F tecmo, i'm done" all the doa coders skinners left, and the doa scene is well as far is this thread is goes.

I always enforce that everyone stop b*tch'n and help out. we know tecmo lost the suit and we know partly why, and how to prevent a potental suing attempt in the future. so lets try to cheer up. ask new questions, experiment with new things. and do that in the mean while before the new DOAX2 comes out, see how far we can get in the NOW.

my 2 cents anyway. ;)
    checkout this new DOA site http://www.freewebtown.com/DOASEED/ !still under construction!