1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

deawoo dvd 8000f macrovision protected ???

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by speedless, Jul 8, 2002.

1. speedless

speedless Member

when i rip a dvd to vcd with dvdx 1.8a and enable the macrovision remove it plays fine on my pc (windvd) but if i put this svcd into my daewoo 8000f standalone player
    (i have the gegion crack) it gives weard blocks and grey lines
    what do i went wrong or is it still protected with somekind of macrovision protection????
    how can i crack it???? help me out....

2. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

SVCD with macrovision? Don't think so. Do all of your SVCDs behave this way on this player?

Have a look at http://www.vcdhelp.com/dvdplayers.php and see if others are having similar issues with SVCDs. For example, my VDDV player hates SVCDs if the average bitrate is too low for VBR discs. My Afreey PDV-2000 is also the same. You get to know all the little quirks of your player as you experiment with different encoding.

3. speedless

speedless Member

hi no not all svcd will do this all svcd's i dget from others downloaded from the internet works fine however if they make a copy of this svcd cd's with a copy program like nero or cdrwin 5.0 it look likes scrambled
    and the player blocks to work further
    or works simular..
    so i look at the given site but can't get no good andswer at the problem at this moment

greatings from holland..

4. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

So you're saying that the Daewoo player plays SVCDs you bought without any problems, but if you copy this very same disc with Nero then it displays block noise? Sounds like the Daewoo player doesn't like the CD-R media. Try playing the copied SVCD on a different DVD player, not the Daewoo and see if it plays it.