1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dec 21, 2012 Is the world really going to end??? **NO POLITICS**

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by bluejet, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

A true hippie commune isn't far from being a Hindu retreat. LOL

One of my best buddies and I while in Toronto decided to try Kundalini yoga. I tried it for a while and then moved on but he continued with it and ultimately ended up heading and forming an Ashram. The truth is that a lot of the early hippies disappeared to create communal farms and others really did go Hindu.

Mustard please.:D

The expression baloney is usually spelled the way that I spelled it but Pacman is right, there are two spellings for it.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I'm with Auslander

Bologna for sandwich
    Baloney for nonsense

but both are acceptable, tho I've never seen the "ney" version at a deli. Another word corrupted to an easier spelling. On topic, if we all eat bologna everyday the population might die before the Earth does. Just more baloney for this fun thread.

Oscar Mayer would cringe at the "ney" variety, yet they corrupted "craft" to call their company, Kraft.

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

LOL You guys are right. There's a lot of baloney here and the balogna is in the fridge.

Sophocles
    Looks like you have a more strict definition of hippie. Society loosely labels the counterculture youth of the 60s and 70s as hippies. Your requirements of being a vegetarian, growing organic foods, avoiding motorized vehicles, doing yoga, eating pot, and living in a commune are not the norm. I'm thinking Haight-Ashbury which defies most of your requirements and was among the largest gathering of hippies, if not the largest. City dwellers, drugs, smoking pot, free love, Volkswagen vans, good music, ...

4. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

5. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Redefining things seems to be the norm in today's society. Besides I'm not saying that Hippies didn't get high, just not as it's been repainted over the years. A popular hippie quote used to be, if you can't eat it, don't smoke it.

This is quite true but most of the members of the counter culture were fairly careful in their use of drugs as well. The did get high on LSD as well as smoke but not on the hard stuff such as methedrine, barbiturates, or heroin. There were those that tread among them who seemed to have no restrictions but all and all the time made and methods of getting high made more sense then than they do today.

If you ask most people who remember VHS what the letters stood for they would say Video Home System, but ask an old gadget geek and they will tell you that it originally stood for Vertical Helical Scan. I suspect that revisionist history is more common and much easier to plate than the truth.

BTW, have you every had some good pot/hash brownies or cookies, and being vegetarians didn't didn't reduce their love of mushrooms and good music.:p

6. corn

corn Guest

About a week ago,me and a friend made some brownies for his birthday. I provided the bud, and he provided them mix. We used A quater of some nice Strawberry Kush. Wow, what an experience. One caution for anyone planning to make hash brownies, the effect takes longer to come on than regular weed does. Also, you peek a lot higher than you normally would. So eat a brownie or two, chill for an hour, then get ready for one hell of an experience.

From the stories I have heard from my parents (my dad only went to Hash Bash in Ann Arbor, but my mother to Woodstock as a teenager), things were quite peaceful from what they told me.
    However, look at the Woodstock of '99. Terrible. Times have changed.
    For anyone who doesn't know what happened, read up, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodstock_1999

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Hippies then and hippies now, with pretty much the same general definition by society. I fear you may still have your ashrams and communes mixed up. Sounds like you're a purist. No problem, but as I mentioned, there were a lot hippies that weren't purists. As for repainting over the years, that's happened. Only problem is that the times were made to sound better than they were. In ways they were good, the police weren't as fired up about party drugs and trying to put everyone in jail for having fun. Not as many people were out to hurt others during the counterculture revolution. When things got political was when the cops and national guard started bashing heads. Kent State?

It's been a while since I had a Mary Jane brownie. ;) As a teen I smoked some weed and a bit of hash and dropped some mesc. Cactus anyone? LOL As in peyote cactus nodules = mesc. It was all light stuff that didn't mess with the genes. I was warned off the hard drugs. A friend's brother ODed on heroin. The memory of his death was another reason I didn't experiment with heavy drugs.

Some of those mushrooms were real mind benders. LOL Speaking of bending minds, LSD caused psychoses and schizophrenia in some users, and most of us have heard of bad trips. Flashbacks were another problem. I guess the reason some of those true hippies avoided vehicles was because LSD flashbacks while driving is deadly.

VHS = Vertical Helical Scan
    I remember the VHS - Betamax shootout.

8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

A lot of people from the time who were classified as hippies were actually part of a new subculture called Yippies.

9. SiRXander

SiRXander Member

I must say this hippie madness has gone too far I've always seen hippies as people who do what they feel is the right thing to do by them and the planet (that's how I am) this whole discussion about hippies all being the same and acting the same is silly, hippies aren't the same it goes against everything hippies stand for, DON'T FOLLOW THE RULES OF THE MAN OR ANYONE!!!! remember?

10. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

I met a few hippies earlier on in the year, i don't know if you guys know much about the Hill of Tara, in Ireland, but basically it's an ancient site where the High Kings of Ireland used to live and they're planning on running a motorway really close to it. They've been bulldozing all these archaelogical discoveries and have never properly excavated the valley.

Anyway these hippies (or new age travellers some people call them now) have moved in and have been trying to stop the road for the last couple of years.

Some of them are irish, some from different parts of the world. Some would be in their 50's, most 20's or 30's. I admire what they're doing, but i can't see myself living in a tent in the rain.

11. bluejet

bluejet Regular member

12. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Try to get one of those cheapies for a funeral. I don't think so. Never. LMAO

13. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Hope they didn't cost as much as the toilet seats and hammers. LOL If they did it would be cheaper to bury the dead in copper vaults. I guess they'd be handy for 12/22, if there's anyone left to use them.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  14. LukeWiggy

LukeWiggy Guest

We should all give a big thanks to our corrupt governments of the world. 99.99999% of the people don't know one tenth of 1% of what the real agenda is, but here's everyones chance to take their head out of the sand.

Dark Power are trough his puppets the Illuminati, Freemason, Masonic and other Heretical grups trying to deny the spiritual world for the people trough events like television, disasters and wars.

People are being manipulative brainwashed by the Mainstream-Television, so that they might forget about the eternal life and the afterlife. Which will have serious consequences when they die.

NOW IT IS TIME TO WAKE UP!

One things for certain, When we die. We do not know what comes next. So not a bad thing to at least see some possibility of what could be when we get there. And the question of what Ghosts are and why they are here.

We go through what the Ether is and how we have lost our connection, through an Evil that has a hold over the world. And the destruction of the earth that is happening now.

15. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I don't think this thread was meant for attacking groups and it strictly states no politics.

Appears you're one of the larger group. Freemasons are members of the Masonic organization, which not only comprises the Masonic lodge, but Shriners who are high degree Masons. The Masonic organization with it's different groups do a lot of philanthropic work. Masons sponsor a lot of medical charities and the Shriners are famous for the Children's hospitals (no religious or racial descrimination is involved in that care). They have nothing to do with mainstream religion. You can be a Baptist, Episcopalian, Catholic, Holiness, or whatever and still belong. There are Masonic ceremonies that come from the biblical era, but they're not religious in the sense that people practice religion. So get it right when you try to malign a group. Make sure they fit in your rantings and know something about the group.

"puppets the Illuminati", them I'm not familiar with. LOL

16. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

17. aldan

aldan Active member

no politics?if anything is going to end the world its the politicians.by the way,hippies were nothing more than nonconformists at the time.i was there.cheers.

18. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

Tired as I am, I wouldn't know the apocalypse if it came up and raped me. >.<

School FTL.

19. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Wait til you get a job and a family.

20. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

LOL, have the job around school...having less free time than I did with my 60 hour weeks over the summer. At this rate, I won't be breeding.