1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dec 21, 2012 Is the world really going to end??? **NO POLITICS**

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by bluejet, Jan 6, 2008.

1. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

The world ended about 15 years ago. Didn't you guys get the memo?

2. varnull

varnull Guest

And since when has man ever been to Mars?

Jupiter, Saturn.. in fact all the gas giant planets have vast amounts of oxygen.. mostly tied up in peroxides and such.

Venus has an atmosphere which contains a majority of CO2 and SO2 and it rains hot sulphuric acid.. look it up.. oxygen again..

It's also not that strange that on earth we have conditions for life.. Just the right size for water to exist and not escape, and far enough away from our local star to not be superheated..

Remember the early extremophile bacteria modified the atmosphere greatly, and then there was a mass extinction event which allowed the rapid expansion of multicellular life.. These extinction events are important.. they clear out long established and static populations leaving gaps for new forms to occupy..

We are very lucky, and should treat our only home with a hell of a lot more respect.. We NEED this planet, it certainly doesn't need us or owe us anything. Why do we think we are so special or important.. we are just another multicellular lifeform.. one which cannot or will not live in harmony with our environment. We need to learn from the past, there have been civilisations long before ours which were snuffed out by environmental catastrophe, and sometimes like the Maya, by their own over exploitation of the ground... Life here will be around long after humans are extinct.. that's a fact, get used to it!!

3. toakhong

toakhong Guest

Hmph, a mod closed my post because theres this post already, so here it is:

Guys, i dunno if you heard this b4, but theres this prediction about the end of the earth. Just thought i would share this with you.

Mr. Juseleeno, born in 1960(reportedly still alive in 2008), is a Brazilian who has made many predictions, and MOST have come to pass, including Princess Diana’s death by car accident (which is instigated by someone near her and will probably unfortunately be written off as a car accident), 911 and the 2004 Indonesian tsunami. He sees the future in his dreams, and has an average of 3 to 9 such predictions per day. When he wakes up, he will write them down, and send warnings to those concerned. If it concerns only a normal individual, he will write a letter to warn him/her. If it is a famous person(celebrity, politician etc.), or matters concerning the public, he will not only send it to the individual himself/herself, but also related agencies, government, and media. He urged the media to publicise these predictions, but the reply always went along the lines of rejection for fear of arousing public panic.

Future predictions:

2008, July: There will be an earthquake in Japan, which will cause a tsunami of 30 plus metres high to occur as well.

2008, 18th September: An earthquake with magnitude of approximately 9.1 will rock China , simultaneously causing a tsunami of more than 30 metres to occur, resulting in the deaths of more than 1 million people. Although this huge earthquake will happen after the Olympics have ended, there will be a series of relatively smaller earthquakes occurring in China before the huge earthquake. The China government, which is more concerned with the success of the Olympics, will most likely neglect to employ appropriate cautionary measures, thus the high casualty rate. If the China government does not publicise the occurrence of these minor earthquakes and evacuate people, the number of deaths will be as predicted.

2008, 17th December: terrorist attack in America 2010: The temperatures in some countries of Africa could be as high as 58 degrees Celsius, and there will be a serious shortage of water.

2010, 15th June: The New York Stock Exchange market will fail, causing an international financial crisis.

2011: The research on the treatment of some cancers will be completed, but a new life-threatening virus will appear. People who are infected will die after only approx. 4 hours of coming into contact with the virus.

2013, 1st – 25th November: Research on treatment of cancers, except for brain tumors, will be completed. An earthquake, caused by volcanic eruptions, will happen on BahamaIsland of the Canary Islands. A gigantic tsunami of roughly 150 metres will result. America mainlands, Brazil etc. will be affected, with the tsunami pushing into the land as far as 15 to 20 kilometres. Before the occurrence of this gigantic tsunami, the sea/ocean water levels will sink by about 6 metres, and large flocks of birds will start to migrate.

2014: A small planet that has been gradually closing in on Earth might eventually collide with Earth, and this collision, if come to pass, will affect the survival of humans as a whole.

2015: By the mid of November, the average temperature of Earth could be as high as 59 degrees Celsius. Many people will die from the overheat, and international confusion and terror ensues.

2016, April: A huge typhoon will invade China, causing massive damage. The 43rd USA president, George Walker Bush, will enter the hospital, and faces a life or death situation.

2026, July: A super earthquake will occur in Sans Francisco, and it will be named “The Big One”. Huge damage to surrounding areas. Many volcanoes will re-activate, and the height of resulting tsunami will be more than 150 metres.

Mr. Juseleeno made known his predictions in hopes that people will take heed of his warnings, so that these disasters may be avoided. He hopes there will be a major change in the thinking of people’s mindsets in the time period 2007 – 2008. One factor will be the environmental issue of global warming, which is more serious than what some meteorologists assume

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

Sounds like pure, highly refined bovine excrement, to me. Too many successful frauds out there for this guy to look authentic just yet. Information is kind of out of date, too. The cause of Diana's death was already determined to be reporters causing the driver to loose control. And quite honestly, I would like to see his original predictions for 9-11 and the Indonesian tsunami...I'm willing to bet he wasn't that specific.

You missed one of DDP's warnings. Your ironman sig is down to the specifications limiting dimension, but you're still at 86 kb and change when the limit is 50 kb.

5. toakhong

toakhong Guest

Oh brother, im going to delete it

6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

About every 26,000 years the Earth goes thru a precession cycle. The Earth wobbles like a top as it rotates and so the N pole and S ascribe tiny circles in the sky. The equinoxes precess and the dates change, thus causing the astrology tables to be off a sign every 1/12 of 26,000 years. The N star will not be so in say 10,000 years.
    Now the next day after the predicted end a huge asteroid or comet could come smashing in and end human kind like the one that killed the dinosaurs and enabled man to rise. Science lesson over go to school now! LMAO

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  7. toakhong

toakhong Guest

Yeah, one way or another, we menkind are going to perish to make way for new beings. But I'm so young!! why do I have to perish at the age of 17??

8. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

You mean 13?

Part of what drives religion in general is that fear of sudden nothingness. But honestly, who's to say there's nothing after you die? Really, fearing it or even worrying about it is silly. All death is certain, and thus you should try to lead a life worth living before it's over. Who knows? Maybe there's a Heaven, maybe there's an endless circle of reincarnation, maybe we're only dreaming right now and death is awakening.

9. toakhong

toakhong Guest

So you mean I can do anything I want before 2012?

10. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

I mean you should live everyday as if it were your last, and dream as if you'll live forever, as James Dean once said.

Number one, you should do whatever makes you happy. If it has a positive impact on society, all the better.

11. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

toakhong, until it happens, don't worry about it. you can die of a massive heart attack tommorrow or get run over by a truck while walking on the sidewalk. death will happen just a matter of when or how. me, i'm stuck here as can't go up or down as there would be a mutiny so i'm going to be around for a lonnnnnngggg time.

12. hack4life

hack4life Regular member

i happen to think that was funny and cheered me up a little bit. besides u know those fish things that hang up on walls and when u walk by them they sing? well the fish one sings that :) cheers me up all the time

13. hack4life

hack4life Regular member

were all gonna die!!! im gonna hide under my bed with a shotgun and a lifetime supply of coffee xP if anyone wants to survive the end of ze world, just hit me up and u too can hide under my bed and live :D

14. hack4life

hack4life Regular member

these are the current theories on how the world is going to end...

1) giant tsunami
    2) north and south pole magnetic field switching
    3) sun dying out (won't happen for another 3 million years...)
    4) giant earthquake
    5) all the volcanoes exploding
    6) a giant meteor hitting us
    7) aliens invade (i know sounds retarded...)
    8) world war 3
    9) our atmosphere disappears, causing UV rays to fry our brains
    10) the fat lady sings
    11) pigs fly
    12) disco makes a comeback
    13) George Bush gets a Nobel peace prize
    14) another ice age
    15) a new super species forms, and wipes out the humans
    16) a new super virus forms thats impervious to all known medicines
    17) ocean level rises dramatically causing international flooding
    18) no more oil left causing international crisis
    19) all the nukes in the world go off
    20) we get knocked off our orbit and drift into the sun

and there u go!! 20 ways the world will end. (why are there so many things that want us all dead? :O

Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  15. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

16. hack4life

hack4life Regular member

thats an old video. but its still funny. "f*ck*n' kangaroos..." that always makes me laugh. xP

17. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@hack4life

I vote for the supper viri or bacteria resistant to all forms of antibiotics/chemicals. That's right around the corner. But so is WWIII.
    At $200 a barrel for oil, tensions will explode worldwide.

By the way, the Sun has at least 3 more billion years not million. A million years is but a second of time in Earth's Evolution!

18. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

True but life on Earth will become impossible long before the Earth is consumed by the sun. Perhaps less than a billion years. On the upside I'm planning a vacation out of the solar system and thus hope to miss the calamity.;)

19. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Sohocles

Well put and correct! But tomorrow a nearby star could go supernova and we'd all be fired but what a sight it would be. Where are you planning that vacation? On a planet far, far, away! LMAO

20. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

That is true and the sad thing is that we will have no way of knowing until such an event is upon us. If it went Supernova tomorrow it would have to be quite close to be felt so soon which isn't possible, because it would take years for the event to reach us at the speed of light. Now if it went supernova 999 years, 364 days ago, (not a leap year I hope) then we could all indeed be gone tomorrow.:)