1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dec 21, 2012 Is the world really going to end??? **NO POLITICS**

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by bluejet, Jan 6, 2008.

1. hack4life

hack4life Regular member

numbers 10 thru 13 i made up. i thought they were pretty funny. :O

2. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

This might seem like a shameless plug for my band and its upcoming tour tosupport a new CD. Admittedly, it might be, but our tour "name" and theme also flows with the exact subject of this thread.
    Flyer front:[​IMG]
    Back: [​IMG]
    Now I didnt design that front or have input into it, but yet the eerie coincidence that the number 2012 and mayan temples appear on my flyers at the same time I subscribe to this thread...are there unseen forces at play?

3. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Didn't they already do a movie on this? ;)

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Just the fact that it is unsigned goes to show a lot. This is no scientist. The Sirius system is receding from our star. It lies 8.6 light years could not possibly make it near us by 2012 if it was coming our way. One day in the foreseeable future our star could pass close to another or our galaxy could collide(inter react) with another galxay. If temp reached 5,300degress the oceans would boil away along with the atmosphere and there would be no sloshing about. This guy is just plain ignorant and should not be referred to as a scientist.

@deadrum33 It is a shameless plug But the artwork is very NICE. Best of luck. Where can we download examples of your work?

5. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

If either Sirius B or Sirius A even enters our solar system spells doomsday, but that is highly unlikely to ever happen. Sirius A has about twice the mass of our sun and would quickly become the most massive body in our solar system. The problem is that unless this shift towards earth happens at near the speed of light which is also unlikely, we would be able to see its path toward us years in advance. We would know that it was coming years before its arrival.

Sirius is often chosen for bogus predictions because of its prominence in our night skies. Have fun guys, but remember and urban myth is nothing more than just that, a myth.

6. hack4life

hack4life Regular member

agreed.

7. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Thanks Garmoon. I'm not the graphic designer, but I did build the computer for my friend/webmaster who is. Music is downloaded from our website
    http://livingdeadband.com you can follow the links to our Myspace that has full downloads.
    I wont hijack this thread with that stuff, I'll just say Hopi and Mayan elders did not prophesy that everything will come to an end. Rather, this is a time of transition from one World Age into another. These people with little or no "technology" (Betcha never thought of a stick in the ground for a sundial or the wheel as technology but it was for the time) were adept enough to devise a calendar system so accurate that they knew that (and I quote from) http://www.december212012.com/articles/solar/2012_The_Astronomy_Connection.htm

Do with the new age what you will. But our universal clock does start anew very soon.

8. varnull

varnull Guest

The rivers will run red, the sky will fall, the air will turn to poison and the beast will walk upon the face of the earth.

Then silence will rule the land.

9. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

song lyrics ^^^^^^^^^^

10. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Only if the Beast is elected!

11. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Exactly. If something like this were to happen, we would know months or years ahead of time. I also doubt that this will occur in four years.

12. hack4life

hack4life Regular member

if it would happen and somehow we survived, our solar system would be called the bisolar system because the sol in solar system means A sun, meaning one and bi means two. so there u go! ive already prepared our new solar system's name. :)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  13. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

oh my god and who would be around to use that term! LMAO We're all toast. I have a feeling we'll eradicate ourselves before any astronomical catastrophe occurs. But at my age, I'll probably be long gone if it can be postponed for another 25 years.

14. hack4life

hack4life Regular member

hey i said IF we survive. <_<

15. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

hack, it will be called a binary system not bisolar.

garmoon, there was 2 suns in the movie "2010". the 2nd sun being what was jupiter.

16. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@ddp

"2010" was also a novel. But Jupiter just does miss becoming a star. I do believe that it didn't possess enough hydrogen + mass to fire up the nuclear furnace. Hell Jupiter could be a brown dwarf.

Brown dwarfs are sub-stellar objects with a mass below that necessary to maintain hydrogen-burning nuclear fusion reactions in their cores, as do stars on the main sequence, but which have fully convective surfaces and interiors, with no chemical differentiation by depth. Brown dwarfs occupy the mass range between that of large gas giant planets and the lowest mass stars; this upper limit is between 75[1] and 80 Jupiter masses (MJ). Currently there is some debate as to what criterion to use to define the separation between a brown dwarf from a giant planet at very low brown dwarf masses (~13 MJ ), and whether brown dwarfs are required to have experienced fusion at some point in their history. In any event, brown dwarfs heavier than 13 MJ do fuse deuterium and those above ~65 MJ also fuse lithium. The only planets known to orbit brown dwarfs are 2M1207b and MOA-2007-BLG-192Lb

Maybe Auslander could elucidate.

17. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

soooooooooo who's so mad at the Kangaroos? Here's a nice one:
    [​IMG]
    but come on...... really ......... why are people so morbid to think when or how time will end!? I don't get it..... just live your life to the fullest and enjoy your time here on earth! Eternity can wait! for now! but please leave the poor kangaroos alone!

18. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i know that jupiter misses out because of size but the movie is sci-fi.

19. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

I think what people are talking about in 2012 is a shift in consciousness and we are supposed to move from a fourth dimensional reality to a higher level.

20. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

True! Arthur C. Clarke was a scientifically aware person so he had to know that Jupiter lacked the mass to become a star even if it is made with the right stuff. We'll just call it alien power.

Even if fusion could be manually (or by alien) ignited its mass would probably not be enough for it to maintain main sequence. Without adequate mass to contain the pressure to blow outward Jupiter would probably do just that (just a guess, took some astronomy in college but not enough to really know what I'm talking about).