1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dec 21, 2012 Is the world really going to end??? **NO POLITICS**

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by bluejet, Jan 6, 2008.

1. greensman

greensman Regular member

I think that's a bit biased really. It is the right given to us from the beginning of the Constitution. It also gives us the equality with the criminal if we choose to do so.... I've rethought my process when it comes to NOT only owning a gun but also using one. My home (2 different locations) has been broken into twice and my car once. I'm done... NEXT one in will NOT make it out!!! Actually I'm glad we weren't home on either occasion.

Here, Here!!! I'm there buddy!!

Dude really what good are statements like that?? And btw it's we're NOT were. ;) AND NOT all UK'ers are liberals.... I've talked to a handful that feel exactly like I do when it comes to conservatism. :D I only know a double handful of UK'ers so don't think the liberals are in the majority. :p

....gm

add: MOD's if I've gone to far... lemme know and I'll edit the content or you can erase the entire post. I know that POLITICAL content is normally NOT encouraged but I've tried to keep it simple and NON-inflammatory!!!!

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

don't worry as we are watching & zoso's comment was stupid.

3. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

and the redneck comment was fine?

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Hey Ripper keep Jan in line; this one could get worse, and it was a neat thread too. I'm with Fur Boy on this one. The constitution gives us the right to bear arms not for protection from the British but their/our fear of our own government one day. That's why they made it so impossibly hard to amend. And it's coming sooner than we think.

5. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Woopsy daisy. I was just pulling your American legs, but hey ho.

Who ya watching D?

/me gets out his looking glass

Edit:

Hello Gary, yep, she'll be good x)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  6. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Now that I have the time to reply properly, I will do so ^.^

aabbccdd, you sounds hurt? Did I touch on a nerve, or are you just a member of a pro-gun lobby?

Yeah yeah, it was a bit biased, but I was just fishing and I got a bite! I don't really think all Americans that own guns are rednecks :rollseyes:

Oh I really did touch a nerve didn't I? Unfortunately, you seemingly missed all of mine, as

i) I'm not old enough to vote so until it concerns me I don't care

and

ii) We have a labour government which is probably going to be replaced by a tory one once Gordon "Lifeless" Brown is voted out - no mention of anything liberal there.

Whatever, but on a plus, you managed to put across an opinion even more narrow minded than my half arsed punt ^.^

7. varnull

varnull Guest

oh yeah.. I'm a real liberal.. I still have my party membership card somewhere.

Being a liberal just depends on how you define "liberal".. In the American context that would probably mean keeping the status quo as regards the constitution.. most of which is good and written by good men with high intentions.

It's these reactionary neo-fascist republicans and those sell out big business patsy democrats you need to watch out for. ;)

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

Is that a bad thing?? We could really go into some different conversations.. BUT seeing how this is a NON-political forum it might be bad form.. especially since Ms. K has made her request. ;)

JR you leave out all the middle members when you make a statement like that.... LOL. I believe that the WHOLE lot should be included in that statement in some way... ESPECIALLY lawyers... :p I'm NOT for Anarchy but sometimes it seems like the majority of the population might have a better clue how to run their own country when it comes to business and education of the up and coming members of said country. :D

...gm

9. Ripper

Ripper Active member

If the late Charlton Heston's wonderful preaches on the glories of gun control are anything to go by, then IMHO, yes.

10. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

knockoff the politicing tho maybe knockoff a few politicians.

11. greensman

greensman Regular member

ddp,
    Sorry for "offending" the rules.... I'll not post in this thread again as it seems to get me/us into trouble...

@the others,
    you guys have fun!!!

....gm

12. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Since when was Charlton Heston a politician? :p

Alrighty D, I'll be good.

13. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

Back to the end of the world .....!

I've been watching a few documentaries about polar ice caps melting and stuff like that, and also ones about them finding underground cities that were flooded thousands of years ago, and evidence of major tsunamis etc., it makes you wonder did all this happen before. Did atlantis really exist? And in 3, 5 maybe ten thousand years time, what will they (if there are any people left) remember of our civilisation, and what will they call it? Will people be saying that we're a myth, like atlantis and lemuria are now? :)

14. Ripper

Ripper Active member

An interesting theory Evastar ^.^

15. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I can't believe the blaspheme on Moses-Charleston Heston. LOL We may need him to part the waters again when the ice melts. NOT. Over the eons the earth turns itself inside out (volcanoes, continental collisions, mountain building, earthquakes) at least in the upper crust. So Evastar may have something there.

16. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

The preceding discussions are perhaps the only real signs demonstrated thus far in this thread which could actually lead to the end of the world.:D

17. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

There's some pretty interesting theories out there. For example, some scholars think that the eruption of Thera around 1400 BC could have caused the biblical plagues in Egypt, as well as ending the minoan civilisation in Greece.

18. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Who or what killed the dinosaurs? ;) I heard the climate changed drastically for some reason. Global warming? Flintmobiles? That was the end of the world for a lot of species. Where's our buddy Al when all the good questions are asked? LOL Probably cruisin' in his big gas guzzling limo or sightseeing in his jet, if not down on the lake in his big powerboat. ;) Did I hear be green or die? Was it too much gas from Roman horsepower that caused the Sahara to dry up? More global warming I suppose. ;) Maybe 2012 will be another gas.

19. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

Pacman heres some facts about our buddy Al gore lol

Energy Guzzled by Al Gore’s Home in Past Year Could Power 232 U.S. Homes for a Month
    Gore’s personal electricity consumption up 10%, despite “energy-efficient” home renovations

NASHVILLE - In the year since Al Gore took steps to make his home more energy-efficient, the former Vice President’s home energy use surged more than 10%, according to the Tennessee Center for Policy Research.

“A man’s commitment to his beliefs is best measured by what he does behind the closed doors of his own home,” said Drew Johnson, President of the Tennessee Center for Policy Research. “Al Gore is a hypocrite and a fraud when it comes to his commitment to the environment, judging by his home energy consumption.”

In the past year, Gore’s home burned through 213,210 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity, enough to power 232 average American households for a month.

In February 2007, An Inconvenient Truth, a film based on a climate change speech developed by Gore, won an Academy Award for best documentary feature. The next day, the Tennessee Center for Policy Research uncovered that Gore’s Nashville home guzzled 20 times more electricity than the average American household.

After the Tennessee Center for Policy Research exposed Gore’s massive home energy use, the former Vice President scurried to make his home more energy-efficient. Despite adding solar panels, installing a geothermal system, replacing existing light bulbs with more efficient models, and overhauling the home’s windows and ductwork, Gore now consumes more electricity than before the “green” overhaul.

Since taking steps to make his home more environmentally-friendly last June, Gore devours an average of 17,768 kWh per month –1,638 kWh more energy per month than before the renovations – at a cost of $16,533. By comparison, the average American household consumes 11,040 kWh in an entire year, according to the Energy Information Administration.

In the wake of becoming the most well-known global warming alarmist, Gore won an Oscar, a Grammy and the Nobel Peace Prize. In addition, Gore saw his personal wealth increase by an estimated $100 million thanks largely to speaking fees and investments related to global warming hysteria.

so basically if we have idiots like Al Gore making policy the world will end lol

20. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

PacMan777

An asteroid or comet killed the dinosaurs when it crashed into the Yucatan Peninsula and Gulf of Mexico about 65Mil years ago. The survivors would have lived in Hell for years and did.

Gore died of election loss and hypocriticitis. His body is espousing made up stuff as it drags itself around the world selling carbon credits. groans. The world is getting a little warmer but MAN has nothing to do with it. A cure for the Man-made warming, would be suicide by ALL those, that actually believe Gore's data, blowing hot air up our arses! LMAO