1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dec 21, 2012 Is the world really going to end??? **NO POLITICS**

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by bluejet, Jan 6, 2008.

1. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Don't forget in Gore's film 'An Inconvenient Truth' they show a scene of ice glaciers melting...which is strangely the same special effects shot from the movie 'The Day After Tomorrow'.

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

rtm27

That's one film I never have or will see; and have no intention of ever backing up.

3. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

History always repeats itself. So yes, this could happen.

4. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

I only mentioned it as John Stossel showed both clips on 20/20. He had asked Gore for a comment....their response was "we stand by our movie's message." If he hadn't pointed that out, I would never had known as I would not to have wanted to listen to anything Al Gore has to say.

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Did any of the dinosaurs survive that? I thought the rascals suddenly became extinct (no longer inhabiting the Earth) for some reason. Wonder what dino hell was like?

As for Gore, he makes himself look more foolish or hypocritical (maybe both) each time he arrives in his big limo to make a million dollar speech as the global greenhouse prophet of doom. Only the loons who want to believe in him do. Surely they can find a poster boy that's not as big a hypocrit. Moving to renewable energy resources makes sense. However, not in as drastic a manner as Gore espouses. He gives us until 2018 to change our ways or face the end of the Earth. LOL As we know, that's 6 years after the end of the world in 2012. So why worry about it? LOL

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

In regards to the icecaps melting. Some recent studies have suggested that the Arctic may be ice free by this summer. We all have different political beliefs, but I will leave mine out of this discussion and stick with the views of the scientific community. I don't think that the loss of Arctic ice however will end the world, but it will be the beginning of ending for some much faster than previously thought.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/06/080620-north-pole.html

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/science/03/28/ice.explained/index.html

7. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

Yupp, alligators and crocodiles, for one. Other than getting smaller, that haven't really changed in something like 100 million years.

8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

The dinosaurs survived alright. You see them in your everyday life. They are the birds!

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Are we talking evolution now? ;) What will homosapiens become after this end of the world?

10. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Faeries?

11. bluejet

bluejet Regular member

In some areas of the world, there have been massive losses of bees. Some parts up to 70%

Maybe they know something we don't?

According to Einsteins theory, If bees were to become instinct, mankind would have 4 years left to live...

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  12. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

I heard that before about bees becoming extinct....

The Happening is all about that - but don't go to see it, it's really crap!

13. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

We sometimes fail to see our interdependence on other creatures because in the eyes of man they seem so small. The loss of pollinating bees would devastate my home state of Florida since a large part of our economy is agriculture based which requires bee pollination to continue.

Some scientists are currently investigating whether cell phones might play a part in the disappearance of bees, but whatever the cause without them the world would suffer a famine with no equal in mans' history.

14. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

A few pages back you guys were taking about the Novel 2010 and Jupiter becoming a giant. Arthur Clark knew his science. In the book(never seen the movie) the obelisks(the black prisms) are reproduced on Jupiter so it has a massive increase in mass.

15. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

Haha, theese guys would be happy :)

www.vhemt.org

haha worth a read: vhemt = Voluntary Human Extinction Movement

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  16. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Political activism is still political.:D

I thought we already had that with suicide which is taking the human race down one at a time. Vhemt needs to change that to involuntary mass human extinction and then raise Saddam Hussein from the dead. Those of his kind will be happy to help with a little proactive human extinction just to move things along.;P

17. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

18. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Did anyone see or take a gateway last Friday (08/08/08)? I didn't hear of one and they didn't send one to my house.

I missed 11/11/1111. So, looks like I'll wait for 20/20/2020. I'll pass on 2012 and the others, they don't have as nice a number sequence. ;)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  19. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Pacy

You still have the beautiful 09/09/09. What a bunch of horse manure. I didn't listen long; did they ever ask for money or a child to be indoctrinated? And the UK people think we're all bonkers. J/K my friends across the pond.

20. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

I have to say i didn't listen to it all myself, only the first 30 seconds or so, but i like to keep an open mind on these things.

There are some very intelligent, coherent people that genuinely believe in this kind of thing, and i would be inclined to listen to what they have to say. Unfortunately you get the crack pot brigade that all jump on the bandwagon and make everyone think it's ridiculous.

I suppose we'll know in another four and a half years, won't we? :)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008