1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decent HTPC for start,,,

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by gdaxton, Nov 22, 2011.

1. gdaxton

gdaxton Member

Currently have over 10 TB of pics, music and movies (mostly movies) on a 4 different 3 TB external hard drives. . I currntly plug my laptop into my TV using a VGA and plug in cheap speakers into the laptop for sound. Finally ready to get a HTPC.

I have a 61" LED TV with HDMI input, and a blu-ray player. I need a HTPC with a decent amount of storage, preferably around 1-2 TB so I can dump some of stuff on there and otherwise plug the externals. HDMI output with a decent video card. I have a lot of room under TV, so don't need a sleek box, but quiet fan would be nice. Wireless keyboard/remote. I don't need a blu-ray DVD, because I can always use my laptop to rip DVDs. Finally Windows based media OS.

Don't have the time, skill level and energy to build my own. Browsing I found the Acer Revo 100, Gateway SX, Apple Mac Mini all seem like they would fit the bill. Anyone have strong recomendation given my needs. Also cheap is always GOOD!!!

2. redscare24

redscare24 Member

Check out www.assassinhtpc.com

They make some of the best bang for your buck systems available on the market. They are widely reviewed and supported at AVS forum and on amazon as well.

Hope that helps!