1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decrypted & Copies Main Movie Files to HD - Now What?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bartidge, Oct 25, 2003.

1. bartidge

bartidge Member

Hi-

I'm new at all this - just got a DVD-R/RW drive...

Anyways, I used DVD Decrypter to select only the main movie files from a DVD and decrypted them and saved them to my Hard Drive. Final size of all files is ~4.5 GB.

Now - what's the next steps to copy to a DVD-R that can be read by my DVD player? I need to encode then rip? Not sure...

I've read a number fourm and guide pages and I'm still not sure...

Any help appreciated....

Thx.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Im new at this and this is what works for me. I went into explorer and made a new folder and named it VIDEO_TS This is where I put my video files for use by a burning program. I have Decrypter but haven't used it. I use DVD shrink v3 Beta 5, following the user guide at www.chrismccann.co.uk..This ensures that things will fit on the disc. I have Nero6 that I had purchased and use the startsmart portion to copy my files from the HD to the disc. I don't think encrpter can do that and I know shrink will not either. Im not happy with the Nero6 but I can get it to work. Make sure you use good media, I had some DVD-R discs that the nero program read as ROMs. I used a few DVD-RWs to learn on and saved money in the process. Im using Memorex with no problems. One thing I had to learn to do was to drag the video files into the burning program. I would not have been successful without the guides at .chrismccann.co.uk. Go there! I printed the stuff I need and can do it step by step now it has become fun and Im not pissed off anymore!
    The best of luck to you!
    Frank

3. baggins1

baggins1 Member

Last edited: Oct 25, 2003