1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decrypter I/O error!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by appleboy, Oct 8, 2004.

1. appleboy

appleboy Member

My message is similar to others i've read here.
    I'm trying to backup a copy of StarWars A New Hope with dvd decrypter. I,ve done tons of movies before but when decrypter is extracting sectors i get this at 52% every time:

I/O Error!

Device:[3:0:0] HP DVD Writer 400c Bh04 (E:) (ATA)

ScsiStatus: 0x02
    Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 28 00 00 1F CA E0 00 00 01 00
    Interpretation: Read (10) - Sector: 2083552

Sense Area: 70 00 03 00 00 00 00 12 00 00 00 00 11 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 02 03 04 05
    06 07
    Interpretation: Unrecovered Read Error.

This is a bran new dvd directly from the case to the computer there isn't even a spec of dust on this thing!
    can anyone tell me if there is different freeware i can try or what i can do to fix the problem??

2. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Why not just use the open disc feature in dvdshrink? Your going to need to compress it anyway to fit on a dvd 5.

3. appleboy

appleboy Member

The open disc feature in dvd shrink first analyzes the disc before you can access it.(basically plays the entire movie in fast forward)The same thing happens using this method as well as dvd decrypter.
    In dvd shrink it makes it to 67% and says:
    "Dvd Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue

Failed to read file 'E:\'

Data error (cyclic redundancy check)"

Every time.
    Hope this answeres your question.
    Later!

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Oct 9, 2004
  5. compgran

compgran Member

I have been having trouble getting DVD Decrypter to burn dvd's. I use DVD Shrink to encode the dvd and have DVD Decrypter as the burner after encoding. They work fine with regular movies with or without menus. However, if I try to back up a series or episodic dvd like Buffy, Shrink goes through the whole encoding process and then just at the time DVD Decrypter needs to burn it, I get an error message saying that DVD Decrypter has had an error and must shut down. This started happening after I upgraded DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter to the latest version. I'm using the same burner I've used since I started backing up dvd's about a year ago. I use Ritek G04 dvds, so I think my media is ok. I always use the same. I could just go back to the older versions but I'm assuming that there is a good reason for the newer version. I did try uninstalling and reinstalling both apps with no effect. When I back up the episodic dvd, I set the menus and extras to custom compression, as low as I can, to leave as much space as possible for the actual show. Any ideas? Thanks! Computer Granny