1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

decrypter woes

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bamn, Dec 20, 2004.

1. bamn

bamn Member

backing up a box set, and have all but the 2nd disc, its giving me an error message at 55% everytime, heres the message

I/O error device 2:0:0 hp dvd writer 400c bh04 (E) (ata)
    scsi status:0x02
    interpretation check condition
    cdb:28 00 00 1f 17 00 00 00 01 00
    interpretation: read (10)- sector 2037504
    sense area:70 00 03 00 00 00 00 12 00 00 00 00 11 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07
    imterpretation:unrecovered read error

thats it, im a newb, but i have used decryptor with shrink for a m0onth now, and this is the only dvd ive had problems with, im thinking its damaged, but it looks fine, and plays fine also, no problems, any suggestions?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Its more than likely a faulty original disk its either scratched, dirty or warrped. You can try these settings in Decrypter to see if you can overide this, but also clean the disk to the best of your ability I reccomend you invest in a DiskDr because this will not be the last disk you run into this problem.

Set up Decrypter as follows;
    It should be version 3.5.1.0.
    Go to "Tools", "Settings", set everything to "Default".
    Then in the "General" tab change, "Removal Method" from "Normal" to "Aggressive",
    in "File Mode", "tick" Remove IFO/BUP PUO's.
    " For ripping in the "ISO, Read Mode", "tick" "Remove IFO/BUP PUO's" there also. in the "CSS" tab, under "CSS Cracking Method", choose "Brute Force ~> I/O Key Exchange"
    and "On Failure" choose "Yes". .
    IMPORTANT: In the "I/O" tab, in the bottom right, "tick" the box which says,"Ignore read errors".
    This is an excellent setting for dealing with lightly scratched discs which may cause ripping problems.
    [bold]source Scuba Pete DA Man![/bold]

Good luck and I hope this works :)

3. bamn

bamn Member

yeah, i read petes post on this, it didnt help, im pretty sure the disc is janky. thanks for the reply.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Last edited: Dec 20, 2004
  5. bamn

bamn Member

i have a manual cd doctor, which im skeptical of using, it has slightly improved one dvd i own, but this one im having problems with plays perfectly, i just cant get it to read? would this device i own harm the master in any way?

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

It wont harm it at all, but the one I provided in my link has worked flawless it is motorized if your is the same as this but manual I would guess it will work also. They both only use mineral water on the disk's no solution of any kind it is the wheel that does the job you just need to keep the disk wet while running it threw.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2004
  7. bamn

bamn Member

ok...preparing to operate!!!

8. bamn

bamn Member

wow, now its reading very sporadically, and never gets above 100 kbs a second. and ive gotten something like 100+ readerrors, and a bunch(thousands of retries). any thoughts?

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yeah get another sopy of thet disk or get the motorized DiskDr. The disk is just bad it happens not all pressed disk's are good either.