1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decrypting Scratched Disk (Already burnt)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by DVDomnatr, Jan 18, 2007.

1. DVDomnatr

DVDomnatr Member

Hi, I have a question on ripping with dvd decrypter a disk that is a bit scratched, is 4.7 gigs, and has already been decrypted, shrunk, and burnt to this disk. I'm trying to make a exact copy of this disk, and i'ved already tried cleaning it many times. I thought that since dvd decrypt is a agressive ripping prog, I would use that. However, it gives me:

I/O Error!
    scsiStatus: 0x02
    interpretation: Check Condition

right when i'm opening the disk. Is this just because the disk is so scratched up that it can't open it, or is it because there is no encryption.

I also tried opening with DVD Shrink and when i try to "Open from disk" it gives me:
    Cyclic Redundancy Check Error.

However I can play the DVD fine on my computer, as well as play my DVD on a regular DVD player that is attached to my TV.

Any Answers to this problem?

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi DVDomnatr
    Yes you're getting that error cause the backup is too scratched up. If decrypter can't do it then it must bad :) It's what I use on those scratched ones.
    When ripping it tries to rip ever byte where a player may just skip over it w/o you ever noticing it.

Try cleaning the disc off with something non abrasive in a non circular motion. Toothpaste maybe w/ a soft clothe. Sometimes another drive can get thru it better.

2 other options w/ decrypter that may help/apply - try ripping in iso mode or file mode just doing movie only (if the backup is the full dvd).

Or you can try isobuster. It will allow you to insert dummy info in the bad parts but 2 many may make the disc unplayable or have 2 many gaps.

3. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest