1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

decryption

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by morgana3, Jan 30, 2005.

1. morgana3

morgana3 Guest

I have been burning for a while now and after all these months, I am wondering: "Have I been decrypting correctly?" I was told with the decryption process, you set the mode to file and decrypt. After looking around, I see that you should set the mode to ISO read, then ISO write (based on a dvd that's less than 4.36G).
    The movies burned in file mode, some work, some don't. Some play in one dvd player, but not another. To make everything fair, I purchased 3 Philips DVP642, so all the rooms have the same dvd player, but still, some work, some don't. Plays fine in my computer. Have I spent all these doing it the wrong way???? If so, then I have alot of rework to do.

2. J_man

J_man Regular member

As for your methods they sound fine.
    Dvd under 4.3gb Decryptor iso read then iso write.
    Dvd larger then 4.3gb Decryptor (file or iso read) then shrink to compress, then decryptor iso write.
    Since you are using the same 3 stand alones players, sounds like a media problem.
    What type and what speed are you writing them at?

3. morgana3

morgana3 Guest

I've used Sonic, Matrix, Memorex at 4x. Right now I'm using Sony at 8x. I just ordered Ritek and plan to burn at 8x also.

4. J_man

J_man Regular member

morgana3 "I've used Sonic, Matrix, Memorex at 4x." (all are poor Media)
    Try using +r(Taiyo Yudens or verbatim ) and burn at 4x until you are no longer getting coasters.

Make sure to defrag your drive, and have no programs running in the backgroung while burning.
    Antivirus,screensavers ect.

5. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Personally I like using file method. Seems some here have problems with their memory being short and or Virtual memory/paging file settings not high enough with iso.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2005
  6. morgana3

morgana3 Guest

My dvd files are sent to an external 250g hard drive (you can never have enough G's) and defrag is not a problem, but coasters are not fun. I'm going to put in an order for 50 TY's and 50 Verbatim (I only use +R). If it helps, thank in advance.

7. J_man

J_man Regular member

morgana3,
    Make sure the Verbatim 8x+R are branded and carry the MCC-003 code, these are made by mitsubishi chemicals.
    Verbatim part # 94930 for 50pk

Last edited: Jan 30, 2005