1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deep In-Ear Headphone or Earbuds?

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by shinta8, Mar 12, 2011.

1. shinta8

shinta8 Member

Hi, I'm planning to buy earphones, and wondering whats the difference between the earphones which you stick deep in your ear, and the traditional one where you just place just outside your ear.

What I'm particularly wondering is whether which is better for your ear's health when you put them both to relatively loud volumes.

2. Geeks

Geeks Member

Ear phones are ear phones. They don't have any substantial damages or radiation leaking from the ear phones like bluetooth devices do. Personally, I like the "deep in your ear" style. The silicone allows for comfort and it stays in your ear, unlike the ones you place outside your ear. You get better uninterrupted sound.

The traditional ones break to fast. I always have problems with the iPod traditional ear phones. They just fall apart.

3. Mez

Mez Active member

Usually the deep in the ear have the best fidelity.

Over the ears provide better isolation than in the ears which are next best. Isolation allows you to play the music softer and still hear it. The biggest problem with over the ears is size and cost. You pay many times what in the ears cost and they have less fidelity.

In the ears are not any more dangerous than any other type. The real problem is loudness. Now most devices will not hurt your ears at full blast.

At one time someone did a study that showed in the ears were dangerous but follow up studies did not support the first study. The first report was probably faked so the guy could get rich. It is common for scientists new to a chief position to fake studies to discover something dramatic that no one knew before. Then they get lots of grants and he doubles his salary within 2 yrs and may make 5 times that in 10 yrs. It is all about money.

Now that kind of crap is not being tolerated anymore especially any more especially if the lie could hurt people. The science community stated the guy that discovered that Measles vaccine caused Autism, faked his study leaving him open to law suits. The guy will be ruined.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011