1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Defender Pro/Ewido question

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by Jamaal10, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Jamaal10

Jamaal10 Regular member

I'm currently using Defender Pro 5in1 and Ewido Security Suite (full licensed versions) to protect my pc. My question is, do I need to run both? I know I need certain parts from Defender Pro (firewall, pop-up blocker), but do I need to run the antivirus portion of it too since Ewido takes care of viruses, trojans, worms, etc (Ewido catches everything else that DP misses too)? The reason that I ask is because ever since I upgraded Ewido from the trial version, my nightly DP scans have seriously increased in time. What used to take 45 min. to an hour is taking 6-7 hours now. I haven't added anything else to my computer lately, so it has to be Ewido slowing it down, right?

2. -kemisti-

-kemisti- Active member

Yes, I guess so. Try to disable ewido guard while scanning with Defender Pro. And maybe also disconnect from internet.

3. Jamaal10

Jamaal10 Regular member

Thanks for the info. I tried that last night, but it continued to lag and then I noticed that it got stuck on one of my external hard drives that has backup iso files on it. I removed that drive from the scan (since they are all straight copies, they wouldn't have anything bad) and it worked just like normal. Then I just turned around and scanned that drive with Ewido. As good as new!

Thanks again!