1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deinterlacing Questions

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by DSMKilla, May 15, 2007.

1. DSMKilla

DSMKilla Member

I have already captured video from my Sony MiniDV cam as a DV-AVI file via Windows Movie Maker. I then used ConvertXtoDVD to convert the file to DVD. Problem is that I am watching the video on my 61" DLP TV which plays the video as progressive. Unfortunately it looks like crap because the file is interlaced.

I tried using VirtualDub to convert the video which actually works great as far as quality, only problem though is that my source AVI file is 5.46gb and when I run it thru VDub it's coming out to about 24gb =/ Granted I have a pretty big second drive but I got quite a few files to do and it's just NOT going to be practical to be outputting these size files.

Does anyone know of a better way to deinterlace my videos? The programs I have to work with are, Adobe Premiere 2.0, TMPGEnc 4.0, and VDub. I would really rather not have to re-encode every file just so that I can deinterlace them but if that's the only way to go about it then fine but I am just wondering which program would be best to use for this procedure because VDub just isn't going to be practical.

2. DSMKilla

DSMKilla Member

Nevermind, I figured out that there is a "Compression" that allows you to use different codecs under the "Video" tab.

3. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi,

VSO ConvertXtoDVD v2.20 ßeta (To be released soon) will have a Deinterlace option in it.

Maybe this will help your future conversion look better on your big TV.

Keep your eyes open for ConvertXtoDVD v2.20 when it goes public.

Last edited: May 16, 2007
  4. DSMKilla

DSMKilla Member

I actually joined the beta team and got my copy this morning and I must say that this program is even better than ever! The deinterlace feature works PERFECT! Saves me from having to run all my files thru VDub.

I give ConvertXtoDVD a 9/10 because the only other option I would like to see is the ability to add new files to an already once converted project WITHOUT having to re-convert all the files everytime.

5. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi DSMKilla,

Did you get the latest ßeta ?

v2.2.0.251 ßeta

This one should also fix the Vertical Lines issue, and a VSO member had a 25% speed increase between .250 and .251 testing the same video file.

Speed Test: v2.2.0.251 ßeta ran 30% faster than .248, .250 or v2.1.19c

http://forums.vso-software.fr/v-speed-test-ftopic-189.html

Last edited: May 18, 2007