1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delay in channel surfing

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by zike911, May 27, 2007.

1. zike911

zike911 Member

Hey, do any of you guys experience delay between channel changing on ur TVs? I just bought a Sharp Aquos 32', and it has like a 3 second delay when i flip through channels and i find it really annoying.
    Does anyone else have this?

2. mike929

mike929 Member

Yes but only when you are in HD mode. The reason is that the TV set is looking for the HD digital information channel. In Los Angeles California CH-2 ntsc video(regular) is about 52Mz but when you dial Channel 2.1 the channel selector scan automatic and look for the CH2 HD digital signal that is on UHF Ch60.

All the VHF channels (2 to 13) have this system now, but in two years the regular channels will go off the AIR as per the Federal Communicatios Commission and we are going into a big MESS. Only if you get CABLE TV the regular channels will continue to be in the channels we are using now. GOOD LUCK

3. zike911

zike911 Member

So what are my options?
    Am i forced to get HD cable, or can i change some settings possibly somwhere for the tv to pick up analog signals fast again?

4. mike929

mike929 Member

well, they are going to sell an adaptor box like a cable box so you can use the old TV but the FCC have no idea of how they are going to do it. The Commerce Department in Washington DC is going to give out the information about how to get a free $40.00 box, but nobody knows.

Anyway I have "basic cable" about 40 channels so that will get the regulars channels the same and for HD TV I have a antenna on the roof.

good luck
    Mike929

5. zike911

zike911 Member

thanks for the input