1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deleted direct x for Tiger Woods. Help!

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by tcwh1971, Feb 4, 2008.

1. tcwh1971

tcwh1971 Member

Following advice taken from Ask Leo web site. The following link will show you what I followed...

http://ask-leo.com/c000337.html

I did this and nothing happend. Not quite sure what to do. It all started because I had recently started playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07. The game plays fine for a bit but then the course starts to become all messed up grass turns blue and graphics start to repeat themselves in motion like a trail. Basically the graphics become all distorted. Other things turn black like the small over view plan of the course. I thought installing 10 from Windows may have messed up the graphics as it only requires Directx 9.0c or b. I'm under the belief that directx 10 is designed for Vista, is this correct?

Anyway I tired to reinstall Directx from the Tiger Woods disc but the following message appeared...
    "An internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and Directx.log in your Windows folder to determine problem." What can I do to resolve this problem. I don't have XP disc to reinstall the Operating system. Help!

2. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

if you're on xp, then dX10 won't even install; it's vista only. the highest is dX9.0c.

best would be going to the microsoft website, and download the directX web installer. that will bring your directX back to 9.0c.

if that doesn't work, then a format of the hdd and reinstallation is needed.