1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deleting a sound channel...

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Skuld, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Skuld

Skuld Member

I was wondering if it was possible to create a VCD from an mpeg that only records one sound channel? I have a movie file that is in two languages - english on the left sound channel and chinese on the right. It's only a matter of adjusting the balance on the computer volume left or right (depending on which language I want to hear), but if I were to create a VCD for playback on a home DVD system, it'd be difficult to understand (not to mention annoying) if both languages are heard simultaneously. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

open the mpeg in Virtual dub
    click audio->full processing mode
    click audio->conversion
    select 44100hz, high quality, 16bit, *left* or *right* depending on which channel you want ;-)
    click file->save wav

you can now use this .wav file as your audio input in TMPGenc, and just continue using the .mpg as video.

hope this helps!

3. Skuld

Skuld Member

Genius! It worked perfectly. I finally made my first successful VCD. Thanks for the tip. :)

4. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

heh.. no problem!