1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deleting Extended periods of sound to .AVI?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by KeyLee19, Mar 9, 2010.

1. KeyLee19

KeyLee19 Member

Hello, I have been backing up all of my movies to AVI on my external hard drive and its been going well until I tried to backup The Davinci Code... I ripped the movie with anyDVD and Shrank the movie like normal with DVD Shrink before doing the conversion with the normal settings on AutoGK.. However, in the past I have had 1-2 movies 2-3 seconds off in sound but that was an easy fix just setting the delay.. But this Davinci code is off 3-4mins. worth.. I was wondering what would be the best way of fixing it.. setting a really massive delay or is there a way to cut a chunk of the sound out so that it fits with the lips of actors.. I have yet to find a movie that has been 3-4mins. off like this one right from the beginning. Thanks.

2. davexnet

davexnet Active member

If you play the Video_ts folder right off the harddrive,
    is there a delay there, or is it OK?
    If there is, perhaps the ripping and/or decryption
    has not worked properly.

3. KeyLee19

KeyLee19 Member

I checked the original rip from AnyDVD (the Video TS folder) and the sound is perfectly matched up with the lips and picture... What could have gone wrong in the conversion to .AVI if I have done it the same way as all of the other movies I have done? I had AutoGK convert using auto width and original sound from DVD... Any ideas of what caused it or how to fix it? Thanks.

4. KeyLee19

KeyLee19 Member

I tried to add delay in VirtualDub but the problem is the sound is so far behind the picture that the delay would have to be like -139500ms but it doesn't allow you to have that large of a delay to equal the sound with the picture...

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  5. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Not sure what caused it(you said the sound is off right from the beginning?)
    Is that difference constant throughout the movie, from start to begining?
    I found avi.NET to yield better results than Autogk. Autogk hasn't been updated in some time, avi.NET just recently. It also has more quality settings available.:
    http://www.videohelp.com/tools/avi.NET
    http://www.clonead.co.uk/

6. attar

attar Senior member

Try using FixVts on the ripped file folder before AGK.

7. KeyLee19

KeyLee19 Member

Ok, I tried fixVTS and I didn't have any luck.. After doing so I re-ripped the DVD and Re-Shrank it just in case something went wrong in either process or if there were possibly another angle in the shrink I could have used... After doing so I converted the movie to AVI again with AGK.. I received the same results. I opened the Shrank .VOB and played it to make sure there were no problems and it played exactly how the actual DVD would. After doing so I opened up my converted AVI and I noticed that the movie starts playing at the 2:08 mark.. it skips everything before that but the sound starts from the beginning like a normal movie would. So that first whole 2mins. and 8 seconds of video is being skipped but sound is not??? Has anyone ever had that problem?? I can push play on the converted AVI and click on the bar that shows how far it is into the movie and slowly drag it backwards and see all that is being skipped but whenever I let go to let it play on its own it skips back to 2:08 with sound incorrectly off by that 2mins. 8 seconds it skipped of video that I can manually rewind through?

8. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Run the resulting AVI through AviMux Gui, Avidemux, or Divx++.

9. KeyLee19

KeyLee19 Member

AviMux did the trick. I ran it through that and cut a bit of the movie off in Vdub and was able to add a 3 sec. delay to offset the problem. Thanks Cyprus you are awesome!