1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deleting Unleashx for new dashboard

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Delmorte, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Delmorte

Delmorte Guest

I need to know if I could delete unleashx from my XBOX and be able tp use a new dashboard instead.

Or if anyone knows how to install a new dashboard on a system that already has unleashx please let me know how its done. I have unleashx right now and it works great but I didn't install it. It came with the xbox I had bought and now I want to set my own dashboard.

Also I put a update on disc for unleashx and it work so does that mean that I could install a new dashboard from disc?

2. lowkey

lowkey Member

3. Delmorte

Delmorte Guest

Thanks. I have SID4 on the hd, the Splinter Cell Linux, and Unleashx. Am I able to copy SID4 and Linux and delete Unleashx and start all over by putting everything back on? Could I then in any way put a new dashboard on a disc or could I just put the HD in my PC and dump it like that?

The thing just wont FTP

4. Delmorte

Delmorte Guest

Ok I went to the link. I put dvd2xbox on CD and put that into the xbox. It worked from disc! Wooo Hooo! Now I am burning AID and Xbmc as I type so lets see how that goes. How do I take unleashx off of my default dash and make something else my main dash?

5. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

AID (Auto Installer Deluxe) is a GUI driven monster! It contains every software you could imagine for your Xbox. You simply select the one you want and AID does the rest!

;)

6. Delmorte

Delmorte Guest

Well I took a stab at these two last night from disc and they didn't work out but then I realized they weren't zipped. They should be shouldn't they? I remember seeing something about transfers needing to be zipped and I remember I did dvd2xbox zipped so we'll see after its done recording soon.

7. Delmorte

Delmorte Guest

That didnt work either. Now what do I do? I cant FTP, no matter what I do it aint going to work.

I put dvd2xbox on disc and it was fine, it worked perfect. I guess Ill need to try a new download.

8. Delmorte

Delmorte Guest

Ok so It worked.

Dude thank you so much for informing the missinformed. This AID4 is killer!

I had a few bugs here and there but I reformated my HD and started over with just this disc and it worked!

I didnt need anything else like the splinter cell save or anything after I reformated the HD I just backed up everything up like as if I started from scratch and it let me just take off from that point on!

Does AID need the linx from splinter cell? Even when Im in the XBOX MS dash I checked to see if it was saved and it was gone but everything worked!

Im pretty sure I even shut everything down after I Re formated and the disc loaded!

I kinda wonder would that mean that I may have a chip?

If so it would be best to use the chip mod settings in AID not?

Oh well I dont get it but just to be shure I am ripping off the top tonight and checking for a chip anyway, I wont rest untill I do.

PS: The disc I used was a "one and only" SONY brand CDRW700!

9. lowkey

lowkey Member

I'm not familiar with how chips work but I think this is what happened...you need your xbox modded to get burned discs to work..as in AID. You wouldn't require the linux/splinter cell files to run AID the first time since it was already modded. I see the confusion since you say you reformatted the drive. I guess you'll know once you open it up. Either way you're one step closer to fully enjoying your modded xbox.

10. geramy

geramy Member

my xbox dont do anything but pull up errors and it said my eeprom password is wrong but i originally got the eeprom from when it was softmodded how do i boot the disc i have only dvd's to burn i have like the oldest mod-chip they make its green and its a matrix solderless please explain step by step