1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dell 8100, rdram help?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by stahly8, Jul 24, 2003.

1. stahly8

stahly8 Guest

I got a friend that has a dell 8100, and they only have 128 mb of rdram, my question is does anyone know which type they would have to get if they were interested in upgrading with more memory? 600 or 1066 mhz fsb? thanks...

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I have the dell 8100 with 769 MB ddram

3. msb5150

msb5150 Regular member

Oriphus You sorta of 'sound' tired or high or drunk(or maybe a combination of the three)
    But back to the post, I do not know the exact information but I know that you can go to the dell website and (once at the model's product page) you can click on tech specs, that should tell you all that you need to know._X_X_X_X_X_[small]This is an amazingly imformative site with many places to find information and help. Please support it.
    [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2003
  4. stahly8

stahly8 Guest

yeah, i tried going to dell's website, i havent been able to find the fsb of it. the difference in price is big, but i just dont want them buying the wrong one. dell's site just list it as being 128mb rdram.

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah i was drunk but i was trying.

Im not sure what the 600 or 1066 is. But i have DDRAM with 1600 MHz. I also have 2700MHz and one at 3200MHz.

6. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Stahly8,
    See http://shop.store.yahoo.com/memx/deldim81ser.html
    Basically they have to use RDram to upgrade. So the 800 would be best. The 1066 ete makes that you can buy SDram in will not work (from what I read, do a google search and may prove me wrong). So they may be stuck buying the much more expensive RDram. An other issue with RDram is it must be installed in pairs, and on most boards its alternating. Other wise will not work at all. So this website said there are four slots, you need memory in slot one and three no matter what. Older RDram boards, you need memory in ever slot no matter what or would not work (just like the old 386 proccessor days) When you open the lid see if every slot is filled or if just a pair. That will tell you if you would need 4 512Mb chips for the 2Gb max or just two chips of 1Gb for the 2Gb max.
    Hope that helps.

7. stahly8

stahly8 Guest

thanks alot for all your help prisoner