1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dell computers

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by devil60, Oct 3, 2004.

1. devil60

devil60 Guest

I know this a little off the wall.
    I just get a new Dell computer and the power supply went out on it.How can I Return this dimension 4200? that is only 2 MOs old and is now total out of order

I called dell and told them that the power supply went out on this new Dimensions2400 that I just get just 2 MOs ago and they went to the old ===did you check this and that bull over and over. =I told them I cant as there is no power going into it and I do know a little about personal computers as will as having 2 sons that work on and with them. I also have the 2 year warred in it as will as the 1 year that you get. This is not the first time I had the some run in with them on the 4300 in the first year I had it. I get a new power supply for it after I want and told them I’m going to a layer and I’m going sue you AND I WILL NOT BUY FROM DELL

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

So their service department won't take it back?

Did you buy it online or at a store?

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

First things first ... If you call Dell, you have to first ask if your speaking with someone in the U.S. ... believe me it helps.

Now, since it is only been 2 months they should just replace it. They will send a sub-contractor out to replace it. Just be firm with them, and let them know about your 1 year service agreement, and throw "What about your so call award winning support" :)

4. devil60

devil60 Guest

online= that is the only way you can buy Dells

5. devil60

devil60 Guest

Just be firm with them hell I'm going to a Att.and I ask over and over for some one in the USA. and told them about my 1 year service and agreement 2 year add on service agreement
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]=Once A Marine Always A Marine:=
    "From now until the end of the world, we and it shall be remembered. We few, we Band of Brothers. For he how sheds his blood with me shall be my brother."
    - William Shakespeare ("King Henry V")[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2004
  6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

My bad! I build my PC's so I'm not familiar with how one goes about getting a Dell :p

7. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

When I call them, the first thing I do is ask if they are in the US. If they say no, I hang up and call back. I've had to call back 3 or 4 times before.

Also, the call center in the Philippines isn't bad. I just will not deal with their center in India. It was too hard to communicate the problem with them.

You could also ask to speak with a Supervisor.

8. devil60

devil60 Guest

Nephilim: go out and look at ===wall we will say best buy as wall as others that sells PCs none will have them or sell them. Dell will let you have a low MO. payment on one

PPS
    My son-in law calld we and told me that in 2005 the U M K C will no longer have Dells they are going to replae them with HP. or Compaq
    "From now until the end of the world, we and it shall be remembered. We few, we Band of Brothers. For he how sheds his blood with me shall be my brother."

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2004
  9. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Did this get fixed or are you still haveing problems.

You can also buy a dell over the phone, so you don`t need a computer to buy a computer.

Just act nice and persistant and tell them who you should mail it to or why no one is at you door fixing it.

Dell usually is really good. Well from my limited experience.

10. devil60

devil60 Guest

still haveing problems YOU KNOW DELL

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2004
  11. bobiroc

bobiroc Member

Why does everybody always want to return their PC when it breaks. If your car has an alternator that goes out after 2 months they don't give you a new car. Its called a warranty, not a replacement plan. I work on Dells all day at the school I work for and as long as I am speaking to someone that speaks fluent english, I have no problems getting parts from them.

12. devil60

devil60 Guest

If they are walling to backup ther warranty that is ok =Dell likes to give you a lot of runaroungs.==That maybe why a lot of People don't like dell

PPS speaking to someone that speaks fluent english ===I have not get one so far====

13. bobiroc

bobiroc Member

It could be worse. He could have a compaq or an emachine. Good luck getting support from those guys. It is sad that all these technology companies have outsourced to foreign countries to people that have no technical skills what so ever. All they seem to do is read from a screen. I guess I am blessed that I can fix my own PCs. I feel sorry for the general public that has to deal with these support companies. I do have to say that Dells are generally pretty good machines as long as you stay away from their throw away models and their cheap $499 specials.

14. devil60

devil60 Guest

==

15. bobiroc

bobiroc Member

Then what company do you think is good? HP/Compaq, Gateway, EMachine, IBM, Sony, Toshiba all have suckie support by my standards. I have worked on them all and was Employed by Gateway for a while. I did't mean to offend you and I wasn't calling your PC a throw away as I see you purchased a 4000 series and those are generally pretty decent machines. Being in Tech support I just find it funny that people always want the entire computer replaced for one or two parts being faulty when the warranty doesn't stipulate that. The problem is all these computer companies got so large and in order to offer computers dirt cheap they have to cut from somewhere and that unfortunately is support. Dell uses quality parts which is something that I cannot say for some other PC makers. But like everything else, computers sometimes break and it is unfortunate that crappy support has to be dealt with. Good luck with your problem. If I could give you my premiere access ID and PIN, I would, but then I would most likely lose my Dell certifications.

16. devil60

devil60 Guest

bobiroc
    To bad I cant give you my E maill add As what I have is the dimension 4100,4300,and the 2400

17. bobiroc

bobiroc Member

If I could order parts for you I would, but my Premiere access is limited to the computers that are purchased by the school district. I have called for family and friends and used my Premiere access ID and they seem to respond better to that, but he only advise I can give is ask to speak to a manager and don't be afraid to say that you cannot understand the foreigners. Maybe they will get the hint that an accent and a phone call do not mix.

18. devil60

devil60 Guest

All you will ever get is some one from Brazil when you call the Customer Center #

19. rroettger

rroettger Regular member