1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dell Dimension 1100/B110 Power Problem

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by fandr78, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fandr78

fandr78 Regular member

I have a Dell Dimension 1100/B110 Desktop.I usually keep my computer on at all times.However i came home from work and found my power light blinking(green),so i figured it was in hibernation mode.I started pressing keys on my keyboard to awaken,however it would not turn on and my power light was still blinking green.I then held down my power button for about 5 seconds and then the blinking light stopped.I then pressed the power button again and then for a brief second the lights on my dvd burners flashed and then my power light was blinking amber.I did some research on dell's website,typed in my service tag,got to my documentation section for my computer.I got to the part where it tells me why and the reason for the blinking,i added it below.

Dell™ Dimension™ 1100/B110 Systems Service Manual
    Power Lights
    The power button light located on the front of your computer illuminates and blinks or remains solid to indicate different states:

If the power light is green, the power status is good and the computer is functioning properly.

If the power light is green and the computer is not responding, see Network Lights.

If the power light is blinking green, the computer is in standby mode. Press a key on the keyboard or move the mouse to resume normal operation.

If the power light is off, the computer is either turned off or is not receiving power.

Reseat the power cable into both the power connector on the back of the computer and the electrical outlet.

If the computer is plugged into a power strip, ensure that the power strip is plugged into an electrical outlet and that the power strip is turned on. Also bypass power protection devices, power strips, and power extension cables to verify that the computer turns on properly.

Ensure that the electrical outlet is working by testing it with another device, such as a lamp.

Ensure that the main power cable and front panel cable are securely connected to the system board.

If the power light is blinking amber, the computer is receiving electrical power, but an internal power problem might exist.

Ensure that the voltage selection switch is set to match the AC power at your location (if applicable).

Ensure that the processor power cable is securely connected to the system board.

If the power light is steady amber, a device might be malfunctioning or incorrectly installed.

Remove and then reinstall the memory modules.

Remove and then reinstall any cards.

Remove and then reinstall the graphics card, if applicable.

As i said the "power light is blinking amber,and its doing this because the computer is receiving electrical power, but an internal power problem might exist"
    I checked those two reasons why it would be doing that.It still blinks and no where it states it might be the power supply,even though it is internal.Even though i am getting electrical power,maybe its not enough to start the computer up.Man this is so frustrating,so i figured i would throw it out to you guys to get your thoughts.According to my manual,i should have Diagnostic Lights on the back of the tower but i don't.Thanks in advance for help,as i always come to the wonderful site for help.Thanks again.

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.