1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dell Vostro Black screen and beeping once....

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by sandisk, Aug 11, 2011.

1. sandisk

sandisk Regular member

Hi guys a good friend of mine asked me to have a look at her laptop telling me that windows prob needed a reformat but after looking at it it seems more than that.

Basically the laptop was working fine, she brought it abroad and after returning home this problem had happened.

I powered on the laptop, I can hear it starting up, fans ect.. the screen lights up a little bit and then I hear one beep.
    After about 30 seconds I can hear it beep again and it keeps doing that. The screen lights up a little but there is no bios options or any writing on the screen for that matter.

Just wondering what could be the problem here ?

I'm guessing it took a knock in transit but other than that I'm guessing.

Any suggestions guys ?

Many thanks

EDIT:

Just an update on this guys.

I've just hooked the laptop up to my tv via vga and on the screen it shows black screen with vertical blue lines, then some flickering occurs and it just stays like that....

Any idea's ?

Cheers

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

reseat the ram, try 1 stick of ram at a time to see if 1 is bad & if have more ram sitting around that is compatible then try them.

3. sandisk

sandisk Regular member

Hi there, yes tried the RAM but still no luck.

From doing some googling it seems the gpu is this particular model is know to give problems and it's soldered to the motherboard.

So if this is the case, the only option is for a new motherboard ? Which is quite expensive there for maybe buying a new one is the best option ?

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

can check ebay for motherboards.