1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

demuxiung wav from avi file

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by aaron23, Mar 8, 2005.

1. aaron23

aaron23 Member

Hey guys,

I have ripped a music DVD using DVD decrypter. I encoded the video using the following tools: DVD2AVI > VFAPICodecV105en > vdub. My goal is to use lame > VBR audio. I encoded the whole concert as one .avi file with no audio. I have the .wav audio file extracted from DVD2AVI. I muxed the .wav and .avi file, it came out great one .avi file. I then saved the individual songs. Now I want to demux the .wav file and use lame to do create a VBR mp3. Virtualdubmod demux isn’t working. Is there a better program I can use to demux .wav form an .avi file?

I have tried encoding the wav file to VBR mp3 but when I try to chop up the songs vdub will not same the VBR mp3, it want to reencode it as a CBR.

Any help will be great.

Thanks Aaron

2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Hmmmm, lemme see...
    Why then are you trying to demux it from your AVI?
    You should demux the audio at the source anyway, using DVDDecrypter stream processing. You could also rip the individual chapters if you wish, to get individual songs.
    I have done many music DVDs and concerts this way.
    If you can get your audio to VBR (I use CDex and LAME) then use NanDub to mux AVI video and VBR audio.
    To get NanDub download GordianKnot
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_encoders/gordian_knot.cfm
    Note this will greatly improve the precision, quality and predictable size of your AVI encoding as well (bonus :)
    Regards

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005
  3. aaron23

aaron23 Member

thanks for the help i will try your way out.

later aaron

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005