1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denied Access to Network

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Raiten, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Raiten

Raiten Regular member

Ok...i'm a total noob with computers now i think. I have no idea why, but the network i have for my computers won't let me connect from the PC i use all the time. I can access the network from any other PC but not the one i'm always on. I tell it to show all my workgroup computers but nothing even shows up. No clue why, i enabled the NetBIOS to be used over the TPC/IP but still nothing.

Also when i try to repair my network connection it screws up at the "Clearing NetBT" and won't continue. Once again, i'm a noob and need help....again.

Oh btw, i'm using a Linksys 802.11b Wireless Router, and have 3 PCs connected.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  2. Raiten

Raiten Regular member

Well i ran the network setup wizard twice now, and still nothing. It keeps telling me i'm not able to access the network, and to contact the admin. Well i'm logged in as the admin, and the other 2 computers i have are networked and connecting fine expect this one. I'm at a loss as to what else i can do. Any help would be appreciated. :D

3. c4iscool

c4iscool Member

try doing a power cycle. unplug the router, modem, and all the pcs connected to the network. keep them off for about 30 sec and power up and try the wizzard again. That always fixes my problems. if that don't work call linksys; linksys is good w/ helping out ppl w/ network problems.

4. baabaa

baabaa Active member

What OS are you using with the 3 PC's?

All your pc's require to be talking to each other in the same ip.

192.168.0.--- etc etc, check that all the ip addresses match up except for the last 3.

Check that your router is setup as above aswell.

Is the machine assigned to 'WORKGROUP' or another name?

Check your DHCP settings, is it enabled on your router or on your host machine?

Have you checked the physical IP sddress that it is on, and can you 'ping' it from anywhere?

5. slark

slark Member

Check the properties for your connection, is the service advertising protocol enabled?
    You need this or your machine will not 'advertise' as being available to join the network.