1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

denon avr-3805

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by thor999, Jan 11, 2005.

1. thor999

thor999 Regular member

just thought I'd let ya know that this reciever is awesome in every way, may reviews available online, got mine brand new for 928.00 U.S. , avoid refurbished units online, as well as certain companies which, when purchased from, will actually negate the warranty as per manufacturer's policy. This unit is so tight, got it running through polk seperates/towers, theater research towers, and polk self-powered sub. Two towers have active subs, those are my front surrounds, as well as the nastiest biggest polk center channel. Sweet.

2. ghost640

ghost640 Member

Congrats Thor, that's a fine unit, sounds like you have an awesome setup there.

You can go to the Denon web site to find an authorized list on online resellers. I picked up a refurbished 2805 which, other than them sending me the wrong manual, has been working out just fine.

3. thor999

thor999 Regular member

denon actually gives a list of valid internet vendors, should you worry about that warranty (and well you should) now my only question is what are the advantages of owning a denon dvd player that is capable of that "denon link"? Entry level seems to be 1600.00 u.s., the flagship being 3800.00!!! Couldn't I achieve just as good picture quality running through an ati9800 pro, amd64, dvi cable?