1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon DVD 2900

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Metallo, Aug 29, 2003.

1. Metallo

Metallo Member

Hi,

I've just bought the above mentioned DVD Player and there are a couple of things I really fail to solve:

1) When watching JPEG still pictures using CD-R or RW, the image appears small and to the center of my TV screen (4:3), using the Zoom 2x it gets to full screen with the black stripes on top and bottom. Why cannot I get the picture already in full screen mode? In this way, it is not possible to have a slide show either.

2) VCD with still pictures, every function works fine except the still/pause one, no idea why the player refuses to accept the function when I press the button. For your information, the same VCD plays perfectly on my other DVD Player (Sony) including the still/pause.

Then I have a different question, in order to benefit of the Progressive Scan function, do I need to have a Progressive Scan TV?

Any suggestion is welcomed.

Thanks

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Firstly, the pics are probably something to do with their size - ie pixels.

Secondly, your TV needs to support p-scan. If you have aormal 500 or so lines TV, p-scan is not use to you. You need an LCD, Projector or plasma screen for it to work.

3. Metallo

Metallo Member

Oriphus,

The size of the JPGs, are all 1600 by 1200 pixels (exif file).
    Unless, when downloading them photos from my camera, they are reduced to 50% format automatically...

VCD, any idea why pause/still doesn't work??

Thank you
    Alex

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

If they come up as jpegs on your computer then they are compressed. You will know if its a raw file due to its size. Also, im not too familiar with VCD, not a fan of it. Ask in the VCd/SVCD forum :)