1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desay DS-5701 DVD Player

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by daveb923, Apr 28, 2007.

1. daveb923

daveb923 Member

I am having trouble playing back some KvCD's on the Desay DS-5701 DVD player. Some play back perfectly, some are vertically off center (about a third of the way down the TV screen) and black and white. I did some research, and apparently there's a way to fix this. The problem is in the DVD player, not the burned KvCD's. BUT- I lost the freekin' remote to the DVD player and the 3-in-One Universal remote that I have doesn't list Desay in the codes list. I've spent some time searching the web for the codes so I can program the remote to work with the DVD player, and all I found was a text file at hifi-remote.com that I can't figure out. Someone hooked up an IR reader to a PC and scanned the DVD player, and the text file was generated. If you need to see it, here's the link: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=download&file_id=1309 This link takes you directly to a download confirmation for the text file. I promise it's not malware ;) Anyway- if someone can make sense of the text file, or can tell me what the codes are or where to get 'em, I'd really appreciate it. Here's a link to the .pdf file of the manual for my remote control: http://support.radioshack.com/support_video/69065.htm if it helps at all.... Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

daveb923

2. ipsemet

ipsemet Member

could someone get a similar output from a player that there is a known uei code? maybe then by comparing at least a close estimate to a uei code could be found.

3. daveb923

daveb923 Member

It doesn't matter anymore. I bought a new DVD player with DivX playback compatibility :D

4. mishariff

mishariff Member

Hi i had a quick question for you,

a friend of mine was throwing out the desay 5701 dvd player... i took it from him and fixed it up....... and now i am need of the remote control for it.....

will universal remotes work for the DESAY brand... do you have universal remotes to suggest that will definitely work for this dvd player... i know its small and has barely any features but it gets the job done!

any help?

hope to hear from you soon

5. daveb923

daveb923 Member

I never did get a remote to work successfully with my DS-5701. I know they were originally sold by Radio Shack. You can also try the Desay web site.... when I tried it about 6 months ago, I got no-where. They responded to my email telling me to go to the retailer.
    Good luck!
    http://www.chinadesay.com/en/aboutus/index.htm

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  6. mishariff

mishariff Member

sooooooooooo

no universal remotes work for the desay dvd player?