1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desktop pics (NO flesh pics though)

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by geestar20, Feb 5, 2005.

1. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

i never said i wanted to see thee bodies, just the clothes they wear :p

2. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Its a thread about desktop wallpapers...
    The ones that I post, are the ones im running. Im simply embarrassed to show my desktop icons LOL! If I must though, from now on I will. Perhaps it'll keep my desktop clean :)

3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

The Fractal Wiz strikes again LOL! Ehh, its ok anyway. :) I think im IN love with photoshop LOL! Totally joking.

Click me, for a high res version.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  4. FredBun

FredBun Active member

Omeg, great stuff, keep up the good work, again I want to let you know I converted about a third od my pic's, I have about 3000 of them, using fastone, I've done that in one night, can you imagine how long it would have taken me by e-mailing one by one to myself, I'd be finishing the last third in some old age home.

Now they all open up with PSPro & Photoshop, I converted them with BMP and can even re-convert them using JPEG that will also open up with both, funny how the other freewares like paint.net, windows fax & picture viewer etc. never had any problem, I'd love to get to the bottem of that some day. Either way thanks again for the help.

quote, ddp, i think we are going a bit off topic, don't you think?

Since you ended your sentence with a ? I'll give you an opinion, granted this post of mine is off topic, just a little I think, we all wander once in a while no matter what thread and as long as we don't go on and on I think it's ok and you guys correct us if it does.

Saying were going off more into graphics than desktop pic's is like starting a Pants thread and we go off into talking about zippers, if those zippers pertain to those pants do you see where I'm going here.

My going off topic somewhat with omeg you have no idea how that helped and the time it saved me and now I'm done with it, but swaying to graphics don't forget you asked my opinion was a little much what say you.

Some mods are tougher than others ddp being in the tougher category and I'm not saying that's a bad thing, in the end tough and mild works itself out, and don't be peed at me here for disagreeing :) I can be totally wrong but not a bad thing to disagree sometimes, and no matter what, a great thread. Thanks to all.

5. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Good words fred. I couldnt agree with you more. If we're accomplishing something relevant in a thread, I don' see the harm in moving SLIGHTLY off topic.

Here's yet another installment from the fractal wiz :) I couldn't help but share this one. It reminds me of a rose! I call it, "Psychedelic Fractal Rose." I post my wallpapers here, because Interfacelift doesn't appreciate pictures with too many filters, or things that are done too simply. And quite frankly, this was fairly simple. The way I see it, people find Photoshop, and other softwares initimidating. If I can do them a favor, and have fun in the process...then so be it! :)

2560 x 1600 3.8 Mb Psychedelic Fractal Rose HIGH RESOLUTION
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  6. FredBun

FredBun Active member

omeg, do you create something like this from scratch, or do you find something similar use your own modiifications and go from there?

7. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well...I was thinking of making something that looked like a rose. But the "Apophysis" program I use, is generally random. I am however learning how to manipulate it. What I did was, found a fractal I liked, rendered it in both green and red, overlayed them in photoshop, gave it a few effects and bingo. I believe it may be possible to manipulate the program, in such a way, that one could create almost exactly what they want.

8. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

One of the things you can learn from the site I posted earlier, Apophysis can produce a large variety of different effects. :p

9. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

That much is definitely true. Before I go reading, watching tutorials, I wanted to dig into the program for myself. I learn better "Hands On." Once I have a good understanding of the program, then i'll take another look across the web :)
    Thanks again by the way.

10. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's a little something for the AMD fans. Im working on something for Intel as well, so don't go thinking im some kinda fanboy. Fact of the matter is, im simply not sure what to do for them. Their imagery just isn't sparking anything for me yet.
    Im trying to incorporate the Fractals into other imagery. This is pretty basic, but im sure at least a few people will like this one.

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/4340/amdwallpaper2560.jpg
    [​IMG]

11. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

It seems a little distant from the company's logo, I think staying somewhat more faithful to it (like the silicon outline image posted a while back) is better, imo.

12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

13. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

This has to be the silliest, funniest action movie ive ever seen LOL! I give this movie (Crank 2) a strong 8/10! I don't give 10's very often, due to there always being room for improvement. However, I have given a few :) This movie is the type that you either love it or hate it. Not sure how else to explain it, without ruining it. This scene here had me rolling on the floor darn near. He really played his role VERY well. For those wondering what he's doing...*****SPOILERS***** He's grasping a High voltage transformer. ROFL!!!
    [​IMG]

14. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Ho ho! I didn't know you could run several instances of the Windows 7 weather report. Thats kind of cool. Apparently a few others(Gadgets) allow it too. Though I don't know why one would need to run several instances of the Cpu/memory monitor/Tachometer.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  15. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Crank 2 was awesome - the power station scene was the best, simply for the sheer 'WTF' factor.

16. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

17. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well...I didn't make it myself, but what can I say. I have an extreme appeal for the enterprise :p Darth Vader, eat your heart out. LOL! reminds me of a GIF image I saw today. Picard Bi*ch slapping Darth Vader LOL!
    [​IMG]

18. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

19. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

So basically, Star Wars employs a ridiculously far-fetched technology. Totally just teasing here...Hmmm, or am I :p

20. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

As does Star Trek if you think about it. But just as a comparison, Star Wars would decimate Star Trek. The scale is larger and the technology is far more advanced. Darth Vader eat his heart out? He's so badass his heart is a machine. Star Trek is like a few planets and is based in one quadrant of the galaxy which takes several years for them to traverse. Star Wars is based on millions of planets and systems covering an entire galaxy where core to outer rim is a few hours and considered daily traffic. You do the math :p

Also consider the crew of Enterprise E is about 1,400-2,000 depending if they've taken on extra maintenance personnel or landing parties. The crew of an Imperial Class Star Detroyer is about 37,000. Not to mention an Executor Class Super Star Dreadnought has a crew of roughly 300,000.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009