1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desktop pics

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Shado36, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

I have a problem in that I downloaded some desktop pictures to my pc & I would like to remove them from my pc but I cannot do so. I have tried to find the pictures to get rid of them but I have been unable to find them. I have used the contorl panel to try to change the desktop but it will not do so. Help please!!!!

2. QuikDraw

QuikDraw Regular member

If you mean desktop backgrounds? Here's where to find them. Right click the background on your desktop> properties> click on the Desktop tab> scroll down the list until you locate your new pictures> click on the one you want to load> click apply> click OK.

And to remove the pictures, you'll need to locate the file. This can be done by searching the HDD, just type in the title of the file. If you don't know this. Download another picture, the exact same way, note where the picture is being saved to. Such as, My Documents> My Pictures. This is where I save my desktop grounds. Make sure when you download a background, it has the same screen resolution, or it will not fit correctly.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  3. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Thanks for the info!! I have been able to get it "back" now to my normal desktop but some of the picyures are still listed in "my desktop as a background" so ideally I would like to get rid of that as well! It seems to be more of a pain than I its worth!

4. QuikDraw

QuikDraw Regular member

Did you try doing this? Download another picture, the exact same way, note where the picture is being saved to.