1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desktop Video (Video Card) to LED TV. Which Cable Needed?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by KeyLee19, Apr 1, 2010.

1. KeyLee19

KeyLee19 Member

Hello, I am looking to use my new TV coming in Tuesday of next week as my monitor for my Desktop. I was wondering which cable I needed to have video going out from my computer to my television.
    Would it be DVI to HDMI? or
    Would it be HDMI to HDMI?

Which would give the best quality? And Also, I know if its HDMI to HDMI it wouldnt matter as if each side were male or female but if I had to go DVI to HDMI which side would both sides need to be male or female?

This is my video card-

This is my TV it will be being displayed on-

Thanks everyone! :)

2. mike.m

mike.m Regular member

Your TV doesn't have a DVI, just a VGA (PC Input). I would go with just one HDMI cable from PC to TV, no adapters needed.

If you wanted to use the Display Port, or DVI from your PC to TV, then you'll have to buy HDMI adapters for (DP, or DVI). Plus you'll have to carry another cable for audio. Or if using DVI, you'll probably don't have to buy an adapter, you can just buy something like this: http://www.extremepc.co.nz/images/dvi to HDMI cable.jpg

HDMI 1.3 vs DVI, you're not going to notice any difference in quality. If had the TV and GPU was HDMI 1.4, then you would notice the difference (HDMI being better quality).

Even then it's just must simpler to go with HDMI, so go with that. You're not going to get any better quality if you went with Display Port or DVI.

3. Belaward

Belaward Guest

SPAM removed

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2010