1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

desktop vs laptop? Need Help for Guild Wars..

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by SkyyKiing, Jul 7, 2007.

1. SkyyKiing

SkyyKiing Member

hey peoples. To be honest i'm new to the pc games and i would like some help on upgrading my computer. I have a dell notebook with a intel premium 3 at 647 mhz. i know that i need a ram upgrade because its at 256. I'm also have a desktop and i believe it would be easier to upgrade so i'm wondering which to run it on. thanks

2. Xian

Xian Regular member

Generally speaking, you get better performance on a desktop than a laptop. Many times laptops have a low end video card, slower RPMs on the hard drive, and other performance limiting factors.

3. mucktar

mucktar Member

i would recomend upgrading you drsktop pc . i buld comuters and have opend laptops . the problem with the laptop is it has to be so small that the parts can easily get hot and have to slow down to stop from blowing up . the desktop on the other hand has more room for ventilation and you wont have any slowing down of proformance. secondly if you are gaming on a laptop you can not upgrade video cards whitch is a major part . and dont try gaming with an onboard vidio card . for gaming i recomend for agp slot the nvidia 7800 oc and for pci express i recomnd the nvidia 7950 gt.also what is the speed of the desktop ram and cpu . somtimes it is better to build a new pc from scratch than to upgrade an old one .

4. SkyyKiing

SkyyKiing Member

sorry took so long for the reply. Its a athlon processor 1.1 Ghz. 368 RAM. So you think it would be better to build it from scratch? if so any recommendations?

5. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Yup, with those specs you have to build from scratch