1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

desperate for opinions!!

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by mrman, Jan 26, 2005.

1. mrman

mrman Regular member

okay i have a ton of dvd+r discs and want to get a new burner. I want one that can set booktype on +r to dvdrom to bring up the compatability. I also want it to be dual layer capable. I just want some suggestions and benifits of sertain drives if anyone could please help i would greatly apreciate it :) Also im in canada (toronto more specificly) so if anyone knows any good places to buy from that could help me to. Thx in advance evryone

2. mrman

mrman Regular member

Im looking into the new pioneer A09 anybody know if it can change booktype or if its supposed to be a good drive?

3. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Go with the nec 3500, or better yet, the new nec 3520. You can't buy a better drive, and it's CHEAP. In the US at least. ~$64 for the best burner on the market. You can set the booktype, burns beautifully, has a great compatability list, even deals pretty well with crap media. Its the burner of choice of the DVDD beta testers, it has its own firmware board. You can make a choice to buy a more expensive burner, but you won't be getting a better one. My vote is for nec :)

4. mrman

mrman Regular member

im in Canada and i havnt seen any nec drives around. The new pioneer A09 i can get for 110 canadian. Do you know much about this drive? I just know the A07 was supposed to be a really good drive so have their new ones kept up to standards?
    thx for the suggestion tho ill see if i can find any around here.

5. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

I think they're supposed to be good, but I've never used one, so I can't say for sure. You should seach around on this forum. There are dozens of topics on all kinds of burners.

6. ollie123

ollie123 Member

mrman Canada Computers are in Toronto, Markhan and the west end and they sell the nec look for canadacomputers.com

hope this helps------- Ollie