1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desperately Need Help Finding a Good DVD Player With a Usb Port That Has Video Streaming Playback

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by MastAca, Apr 7, 2009.

1. MastAca

MastAca Member

I want to pay around 40-60 dollars because i dont have much more to spend on a dvd player even with these amazing usb features

Also, please make sure it has a usb port with video playback. One major aspect that i would enjoy greatly but no need is mp4 video support cause all my videos are in that format

It needs to be able to stream videos off of my 320 gig western digital harddrive.

Please tell me the name of any dvd player that has the following features and compatibilities. I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IF u could find me a link to an instore website cause i prefer for this anyway instore over online

thanks for the help

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. MastAca

MastAca Member

i cant find it (philips 5900) anywhere in town. best buy and radioshack have all told me it was discontinued and im so sad. costco told they might be getting one soon but the employee who told me didnt seem to know what he was talking about. target also didnt have it. i could check walmart and kmart but im not sure. i might just be wasting my time........ man i wish this dvd player was still around its so amazing

4. chriscpad

chriscpad Member

Have just bought myself a Pioneer 410, has usb on front panel, plays from mem stick and WD MyBook drive (250g) without a problem. Plays AVI in DivX and Xvid, MP3, jpgs. Has HDMI out + others. Normal DVD,CD, functions. Great player.
    In Aust$145, I think US$60ish approx

5. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Consumer Reports rates the Philips DVP5992/37 higher than the Philips DVP5990/37.

The Pioneer DV-410V is their top pick.