1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Detecting backed-up games on xbox live

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by leggit123, Apr 10, 2005.

1. leggit123

leggit123 Member

Im thinking of bying a xbox with a X3CE combo inc control panel & screen and a hitachi deskstar 7k400 (400gb sata ) H.D.
    I want to back up my originals to the H.D
    Q. Will xbox live detect the large H.D that holds my copy game is it possible to play on line without the original and i dont understand what the switches do . Please advise

2. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Oh yeah you'll be banned, no doubt. The switches are for flashing BIOS. Go to http://www.teamxecuter.com and read up the FAQ's page.

3. mdsup

mdsup Guest

in order to play a backed up game in the first place you must have a hacked bios...now if you sign onto live with the hacked bios(chip enabled) you WILL BE BANNED...you must use the original stock bios, and original game to play on xbox live...and if you mod your xbox after you have already been on live, you must use the stock hd as well.

4. leggit123

leggit123 Member

Thanks
    But just to clarify what you said
    If I upgrade my bog standard which I have already been playing on line with ,with a mod chip Xecuter 3 CE Mod Chip and XBox Xecuter 3 (X3) Control Panel and larger hard drive even with the switcher the hard drive will be detected.
    Are you saying its because ive already been on line and they will know ive updated it

If this is so could I bye a new already moded and with a lg h.d and switcher and use this on line.

5. mdsup

mdsup Guest

if you mod a xbox that has already been on xbox live and you upgrade the hd you will get banned...the only way around it is to buy a new xbox, and mod it, and you should be able to upgrade the hd...or the best solution: have 2 xbox's 1 for live and 1 for everything else.

do not try and play backups on live and do not try and play games of your hd on live...you will be banned instantly...everything must be stock(chip off etc...) and you must use original games.

6. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Its safe to say that the recent crop of XBL bans have come about by M$ collecting your eeprom data including your HDD serial number / key when you sign up to Xbox Live for the first time - this is what's known as the "Marriage Theory".

So basically if you upgrade your hard drive after signing up to XBL your account will get fried. We feel there is no "drive scanning" taking place so dont be paranoid about where you are storing your files.

Solution?: Upgrade your hard drive BEFORE signing up to the XBL service.

Better Solution?: Hacking the firmware of the upgraded hard drive to have the same serial number / key as your stock hard drive.

We will have a play - as I'm sure others will.

7. pushinair

pushinair Member

I modded my box and put a 120 gig HDD in. I then signed up for XBox Live and all was well. I recently upgraded the chip in it as well as the HDD to a 160 gig. I don't have the option of signing into xbox live anymore. Have I been banned? I have the 120 gig drive, still, and I may have done an EEPROM backup somewhere along the line. Can I get back on Live? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

8. leggit123

leggit123 Member

Ok I have 1 xbox bought abode about 2 years ago soft modded
    Remote v.1.8.3752
    Box v.1.1
    Dvd-x2 dongle free
    Px hdd loader 1.1a
    Xbox media player
    Ms Dashboard
    With original H.D which is band from on-line

And I have a bog standard which I use for on-line

I really only want 1 box , space and shit
    I also want to put a lot of films on my xbox to make like meadia centre maybe 400gh H.D. Ive heard the Hitachi deskstar 7k400 (400gb sata ) had good reliability tests
    What would you suggests
    This software is also probably a bit dated