1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Determining what Codec I need (in WMP)

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Indy31, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Indy31

Indy31 Guest

I have a video file that I would like to watch at work. However, this computer does not have the correct Codec, nor does the Microsoft website have any helpful tips. When I play the video at home, WMP gives me an error saying something along the lines of "Codec not found" but continues to play the file anyway. Is there a way I can determine what Codec would be needed?

2. Daniel_G

Daniel_G Guest

WMP should give you an error code from which i (or other members)could determine what codec you need.
    So (if it gives you that code) post it here and i'll get back to you as soon as i can.
    You can also type the words free codecs in google, go to the free codecs site, and download the latest codec pack for your windows version.

3. Indy31

Indy31 Guest

When I go to Web Help from WMP, I get this error message [bold]C00D11CD [/bold]

4. touran22

touran22 Regular member

hi thats the same problem i had. just go to google and type in k-lite codec pack. download it and that will alow you play n e thing on wmp and it will decode avi files so it can be burned onto a dvd

5. Daniel_G

Daniel_G Guest

Indeed, that's a standard codec, just get the newest version of the k-lite codec pack like touran22 suggested and it should work fine.

6. rav009

rav009 Active member