1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

deviantART

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Schwaber, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Schwaber

Schwaber Regular member

Anyone here has an account in this site? Cuz I actually tried joining but when I was about to create an account, it says that Am banned! Am like wtf? Its really unfair!

"tried to create an account, but it says i am banned. Why?
    Basically, what you are seeing is an IP ban. This ban does not target you, this ban exists because of a very abusive invidual or small group of individuals who have repeatedly created accounts in order to harass and abuse our members and the site in general. In order to stop this behavior we were forced to prevent new account creation by anyone using that particular IP range or service provider.

It's very common to share IP addresses among customers on many Internet Providers, thus it's not always possible to make a ban in a way it only affects the harassing member (since on the next dial in, they would get a different IP address - thus we are left with no choice than to ban your Internet Service Provider's IP range to protect our members). We regret that such steps are necessary and apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused, but sadly enough, sometimes this is simply the only choice we have left."

So the only solutions?

Option 1: You can sign up from a different internet service, from school, work, relatives, or ask another friend who uses a different Internet Provider to let them access the internet for a few minutes and sign up. Once your account is created, you can log on to the account just fine from any location.

Option 2: If you have a friend on deviantART, you can ask them to create an account for you and hand you the username and the password. Even though the IP range you are using has been banned, you will be able to log on to the account just fine from any location.

Option 3: You wait for the ban to expire. IP range bans don't stay forever, and they will be removed at some point.

Oh, before I forget, can someone tell me if this skin for itunes found in this site is for Vista only. By that, I mean it doesn't work in Windows xp? Am really a noob when it comes to this kind of stuff. I actually dl the theme but I don't know how it works.

Am actually dying to use vista theme in my xp. I just wanted to change the appearance of my "windows and buttons" And not the logon screen.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  2. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

You might want to ask Auslander ... methinks I've heard him mention it before.