1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Device Buffer on Decrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by zenarrrow, Apr 10, 2005.

1. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

I recently installed a new pioneer 109, now when I write a dvd the device buffer jumps from 95 to 97 to 100 to 95....etc sometimes down to 50 or 2. Why would it do this? Never any probs before.

2. jayob1980

jayob1980 Guest

IM HAVEING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY DEVICE BUFFER IT GOES FROM 100 TO 2 TO 50 ECT. AND ONLY BURNS AT 1 TIMES SPEED INSTEAD OF 4X 8X OR 16X WHATS GOING ON?

3. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

zenarrrow, I think that this is normal. Someone else will tell you for sure.

jayob1980, check your DMA settings and see if there are any updates to your IDE Controller. 1x means something is wrong.

4. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

Hey Jayob 1980, it has been a while since I posted this. I have had no problem with my backups. If you are having problems with your burning speed you might want to check your IDE controlers to see if you are in DMA or in the dreaded PIO mode. If you need help fixing this let me know and I will tell you hhow to check these. ---zen-->

5. Simone28

Simone28 Member

zen-- I've used decrypter many times and never had a problem until today and yes its the same problem you had. please tell me how to fix it.

Greatly appreciated

6. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

OK are you in pio have you checked? you can do this by going to the start tab > My Computer > View Sytem info > Hardware > Device Manager > Go to IDEATA/ATAPI Controllers open that up go to primary IDE channel double click on it to open it. It should say Ultra DMA mode, if it says pio only then you have to go back to the previous page and right click on the primary channel. Click uninstall. It will say don't uninstall when you do it. But trust me it is ok, uninstall it. Then you reboot ur computer it will automatically reinstall it in DMA. If your secondary Channel is in PIO do exactly the same thing. ---zen-->

7. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

Also if your buffer is just jumping around it is ok, that is what it is their for. Only check ur DMA if your reading and writing times are seriously slower than usual. ---zen-->

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

it can be a problem when/if the buffers go too crazy, which results in skipping/freezing discs, even though the burn itself completes 100% successfully without error.

but for the buffer to only fluctuate a tiny few, ie 100 to 97 or whatever is ok. the rare few times my buffer dropped below 95% (ie down almost to nothing) was when i mistakenly kicked off a torrent download during the burn which causes the buffer to empty completely and results in a duff disc)

9. LiveSnipe

LiveSnipe Regular member

i want my buffer down slow again! it went up and now my ps2 backups dont work, how do i turn it off lol

10. Simone28

Simone28 Member

thanks zen. primary was on ultra dma 5 but secondary was on pio. did what u said now its on multi-word dma 2.. hope that does it. i"ll test it and get back 2 u. thanks again.

11. Simone28

Simone28 Member

it worked! thanks again zen