1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DI-624M router saying "wrong image file selected"

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by pollution, Apr 22, 2007.

1. pollution

pollution Regular member

I tried to update the firmware version on my Dlink DI-624M router hardware revision A1 from 1.2 to 2.5 and know my router is not working at all. Called customer support and they finally got it to where i can see the router by holding down the reset button for 10 seconds while the power is plugged in, taking power out and continuing to hold for 30 seconds, and then plugging power back in and holding reset button for another 10 seconds and finally releasing the reset button (reset button was held for a total of 50 seconds without releasing).
    After this I can ping 192.168.0.1 which is the routers address and a page showing Firmware upgrade is shown and not the usual GUI.
    It asks for file path to upload so I am trying to use the last working firmware which is 1.2 but when trying to send to the router i get the error "wrong image file selected".
    It is a .bin file i am trying to send and here is the link to where i have downloaded it from
    http://support.dlink.com/products/view.asp?productid=DI-624M

What do I do to put firmware on my router?

2. pollution

pollution Regular member

Well, no reply here and tech support can not do anything or an RMA b/c its too old. Time to dismantle :) and buy a new one.

What is a good brand besides Dlink? Their drivers suck if you do not know already, I have changed all the drivers to atheros on the computer cards just so it would not freeze my computers.

All my wireless is 108mbps and Ethernet is not any slower than 100mbps but one computer is 1000mbps. TIA