1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diablo III- Thoughts and Opinions

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by corn, Jun 28, 2008.

1. corn

corn Guest

[​IMG]

Just wondering what everyone has to think about the new Diablo III.
    Theres only two classes Blizzard is releasing information about..
    +Witchdoctor- Seems to be a powerful casting class (possibly like WoW's Warlock)
    +Barbarian- If you played the other Diablo's you will recognize this fellow. They have brute force strength and can take alot of damage.

Also, theres been a decent grahpical improvement, and it seems like no more of the camera following the player. From the gameplay trailer, the camera seems to be following overhead.

If you haven't seen the trailer, take a peek here:
    http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/

Here are some videos (Google Video search):
    http://video.google.com/videosearch...S:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=N&tab=iv#

I don't know if any of those videos are real, but I sure as hell hope they are.

Here is PCworlds cover:
    http://blogs.pcworld.com/gameon/archives/007183.html

Official Unofficial fansite for Diablo (news):
    http://www.diablofans.com/

Here it seems to be AIO party fansite (meaning they have lots of info. It's not a real site, its a blog):
    http://www.maxfreak.com/diablo3/

PlanetDiablo's cover:
    http://www.planetdiablo.com/features/articles/d3-04012008/

IGN's Cover:
    http://pc.ign.com/objects/714/714955.html

If anyones going to Blizcon, please bring back photos and info :)
    Also, maybe we can get some more info at E3

I hope the game is as good as it looks!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2008
  2. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

All I gotta say is that, knowing the way Blizzard has been, its going to probably do/be some of the following:

A. An MMORPG (i.e. Pay-to-play), WoW may not be bad priced for some but I hate the idea of having to pay every month just to play a game I bought, which is why I don't play WoW.

B. Free with craptacular support, although maybe not as Blizzard, as far as I know, has individual support teams for each franchise.

C. It will get canned or take until >2010 to be released, despite screenshots, Gameplay and Cinematic trailers. Sounds bad but its happened to games that are even >75% finished.

However, I hope its great. I still enjoy playing Diablo 2 although the ~yearly ladder-resetting gets annoying. When I get a chance I will definitely at least try out Diablo 3.

Peace

3. corn

corn Guest

I hope they have decent support teams. If not, I hope it's free at least. It would be terrible to throw on a P2P (pay-2-play), and still have technical support like WoW.

4. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Well after looking at the FAQ for the game it seems that it more than likely will be free to play. Here it says "Yes, Diablo III will be playable over Battle.net, and Battle.net will offer some exciting new features to enhance players' Diablo III experience."

Battle.net has always been free and so, by this account, Diablo III will more than likely, based on these comments, be free to play as well.

The use of the Havok engine should add some nice touches to the game as well.

5. corn

corn Guest

I've played all Battle.net games and haven't had to pay a penny. So I hope this will be the same.

6. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I haven't played any of the previous Diablo series, and personally, compared to this, I think they look lame.

However, I cannot wait to at least attempt to play this, providing the POS that is my computer lets me!

Lol @ free gaming from Blizzard :O

7. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

I wouldn't go as far as calling the old Diablo games "Lame", they are quite fun in my opinion and have pretty good graphics considering they are 11 (Diablo), 8 (Diablo 2) and 7 (Diablo 2: LoD) year old.

I believe that Blizzard is confident that, overall, WoWs popularity (and cash harvest!) won't be effected by Diablo 3 as they can always add to WoW at basically anytime to draw people back into it if necessary.

Hopefully more information will come soon regarding Diablo 3. It looks like a great game.

8. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Woops, I knew I'd get molested for saying the old Diablo games looked lame.

AFAIK, they are - increasing the max lvl, etc etc.

Back on Diablo 3, they haven't posted the required system specs on their site yet, so I'll wait and see!

9. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Its cool Ripper, I wasn't "molesting" you and I do respect your opinion.

Indeed, Wrath of the Lich King is supposed to add a bunch of stuff to WoW, including upping the level and "Professions" caps to 80 and 450, respectively.

On Diablo 3, supposedly they have been working on it since late 2005. I wouldn't be surprised though if it doesn't come out until 2010 because in an interview, the game design VP for Blizzard, Rob Pardo, said:
    So, from the lead designers comment, its gonna be ~mid-2009 when its released.

10. Ripper

Ripper Active member

That's cool :)

Ah ok, because this is all over torrent sites I just didn't realise it was the next official release ^.~

Eh, long wait for Diablo!

11. wetsparks

wetsparks Regular member

unless your computer is absolutely, truly terrible, then you will be able to play it. Blizzard takes pride in making their games work on a wide range of systems.

12. corn

corn Guest

I hope they don't keep uping the release date like they did Starcraft 2. As sad as it is, I think we won't ever see Starcraft 2. Oh well, we can get Diablo. I just took another look at the trailer (gameplay), and it reminded me of Gauntlet- for some reason.

Anyways, on WoW, Blizzard has no problem keeping you playing, they add new things all the time, and with the new 2.4.0 patch (2.4.1 now), we'll be busy ;).

13. wetsparks

wetsparks Regular member

Blizzard has never announced a release date for SC2, it is just retail outlets that want your money with a preorder that have been making up release dates.

14. corn

corn Guest

I thought they said "Coming in XXXX", then bump it up a few years. Still lame. Did they actually take pre-orders and not release it?

15. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Places such as Amazon take order, most of the time, as soon as a game is announced.

They do that to get your money and to get a tally running of how many "Pre-orders" they need from the manufacturer.

16. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Eh, I'm not so sure, because on watching the game-play trailer, it looks quite high-end.

17. corn

corn Guest

Nothing a graphics card can't fix ;).

18. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I am buying one - quite fed up with the on-board "graphics" that my motherboard provides :lol:

19. wetsparks

wetsparks Regular member

on board graphics card? you have my sympathy.

20. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I'm not a big gamer, it doesn't really bother me, but it's something to buy ;-P