1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dial up sotware

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Aidan8et, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Aidan8et

Aidan8et Member

Has anyone heard about a prog that allows x-box live to be played on dial-up? Where can I get it?
    I would get broadband, but it's not supported where I live & DSL is too expensive for me.

2. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

you cant go on xbox live without broadband, but you can go online with your xbox using tunnel software.

you can get tunnel software from http://xbconnect.com

you must know how to connect your xbox to your pc for this to work. its also cool if you want to play with a modchip turned on :)

dial up= possible, but prepare to suffer lag like never before, o and cause lag as well.

3. Aidan8et

Aidan8et Member

So no downloadable content? Oh well. Thanx any way Icarbutt, maybe I'll get a modchip after all...

4. ProMod33

ProMod33 Member

to use xbconnect you need ethernet hookup to the pc, and you need broadband to use xbc as well. And it is literally impossible to hookup the xbox to xbox live via dial-up. If you get a mod chip you have almost no incentive to get it unless you can via ftp to your xbox through your pc, and that would require a LAN card in your pc, there cheap, like $15. If you have one already then it still isn't worth it because you need to download all the software, unless you have a friend with the software downloaded on cd-rw/dvd-r. It is really no help to get a mod chip if you have no ethernet or broadband or LAN card.

5. lachxbox

lachxbox Member

you can use xbox live on dial up
    set up internet conection sharing on xp and plug xbox into pc and u xbox cant tell the dif it is way to slow to be worth it though