1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

diamond vision dvd player?

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by sfxgeek, Jan 18, 2005.

1. sfxgeek

sfxgeek Member

Anybody dealt with these players? I need to know if they'll play DVD-R or DVD+Rs? These are the ones at WalMart for cheap $$. I think there are two models, the dvd v804-04 and dvd v803-03.
    Thanks

2. gott22

gott22 Member

Yes, I got the v803-03.
    Bought it at walmart at the end of november. It plays everything (dvd-r, +r, mp3...) It really worth it for the price. Been using it for 2 months now.

Some of my backup couldn't be played on my other dvd player. But diamond vision reads them all. What I like too, is the size of the dvd player. Not too big.

So it's a real great deal. Got mine for 48$.

Tom

3. Raven35

Raven35 Guest

I've got the model DVDV804-03 and I'm having problems with certain movies..... Some movies play fine and others I'll get the blue screen but I can still hear it. I'm kinda at a loss as to what to do.... Has anyone had that problem also with this machine?? I'd really appreciate any help or suggestions to try.

Thanks,
    Raven

4. sfxgeek

sfxgeek Member

I'd say take it back and get the 803-03, I bought it and it will play everything no problem!

5. bigadam

bigadam Member

yea its a great player i have 2 of them actually and they work perfect and there cheap there great for playing back ups and burned dvds

6. Raven35

Raven35 Guest

sfxgeek,

I returned my player and did get the 803-03, and yes, it is very good, it's also a different look, but I prefer it. Thanks again!! :eek:)

Raven

7. mbvitale

mbvitale Member

I bought a dvd player (Diamond Vision DVDV 804-03) in Canada (region 1) but this player do not play here in Brazil (region 4)...
    How can i decode this player to region 4 or region free? Exist any code to decode it to region 4 or region free (region 0)?

thanks

8. mbvitale

mbvitale Member

I bought a dvd player (Diamond Vision DVDV 804-03) in Canada (region 1) but this player do not play here in Brazil (region 4)...
    How can i decode this player to region 4 or region free? Exist any code to decode it to region 4 or region free (region 0)?

thanks

9. xxxsidxxx

xxxsidxxx Member

got the DVDV805-04 Progressive Scan model...

great...plays EVERYTHING that i have burned so far...

4.7GB +/-R @ 2x/4x/8x
    8.5GB DL +R @ 2.4x

plays compilation disc too, like 2 movies on 1 disc...

next test is to see if it plays divx or avi files...

Best dvd player i have owned...and its the cheapest too...outperforms my other dvd players hands down...

10. stansoltz

stansoltz Member

anyone know of a website for these players? i have a dvdv803-03 (works great, plays everything), and want a manufacturer's code so that i can make my sony tv remote operate this player... anyone know the manufacturer's code?

11. xxxsidxxx

xxxsidxxx Member

there is no website...
    their phone number is 1-866-622-1994 or 905-209-0488

12. bigadam

bigadam Member

i doubt that you will be able to find a key that will work, i have a rca all--in-one remote and i tried that auto search like 100 times and the only thing that happens is sometimes inbe the the numberrs does something, but the fuctions are completly wrong like if u press power it changes the display and stuff liek that, so i have given up the srearch but if you find anything post in on here thx

13. Raven35

Raven35 Guest

Okay, I guess I wasn't meant to own this kind of DVD player!! First the other DVD wouldn't play properly, and now, the clicker has stopped working for the new one I got!!!! And yes, I tried it with new batteries...... :eek:)

Anyways, if ANYONE has ANY ideas, please let me know??? :eek:)

Raven

14. keskamess

keskamess Member

I just bought the 806-04 model at Walmart for 45 bucks. Works like a charm. I was having problems with my Samsung (which is suppose to play EVERYTHING). A little worried about the purchase but no complaints yet.

15. dssking

dssking Member

Does anyone know of they will play PAL discs? A lot of my DVD-R's that I grab from the newsgroups are PAL...... Otherwise, seems like a great buy!

Feedback appreciated.

16. xxxsidxxx

xxxsidxxx Member

Yes, they play PAL format aswell...infact, they play everything that i have thrown at it EXCEPT DIVX/XVID and DVD-RAM disc...

17. stansoltz

stansoltz Member

yup, great dvd player! to get pal support, you need to use the region hack... go to dvdrhelp.com and search for diamond region hack...

or better yet, HERE!

"On remote, Press SETUP
    Key in 1389
    use up down keys to change region
    0 is region free"

tested and worked for me... had VERYBADTHINGS.iso in PAL and now works!

unlike my sony and pioneer players, where changing them to region free requires an electrical engineering degree

Last edited: May 17, 2005
  18. markheth

markheth Member

HELP!

I have a DVDV804-03 about, which I bought about 4 months ago... The DVD player works great still, except the remote is dead now, keeps broadcasting junk.

Does anyone have any contact information for this company so I can get a new one?

I don't have any of the original stuff that came with it, must have thrown it all away.

Thanks

Mark Hetherington

19. xxxsidxxx

xxxsidxxx Member

their phone number is 1-866-622-1994 or 905-209-0488

mine plays PAL out of the box...no need to do the region hack...

20. markheth

markheth Member

Wow, what a nice company... 'No problem' they said, and they are going to send me a new remote asap! Fantastic...

I remember having to deal with some other companies for small things, and it's like pulling teeth to get anything out of them.